Ikelite camera kit info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adder70

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a friend from a previous job (500 miles away, hard to personally inspect) who is dumping his old UW camera since he got his new digital setup. He says it's an all Ikelite setup, but I see little info (none?) on Ikelite film cameras, just housings. Anyone know anything on all Ikelite setups? I trust him to not be taking advantage, but what he thinks is a great setup may not coincide with my views. He may email a response to my email that I just sent with more info, but if someone knows something, I would love to get some info.

jlyle:
Maybe the auto-35?

http://ikelite.com/web_pages/a35aqs.html

PS- I used Aquashot "point-and-shoot" camera/housings for many years before turning to the dark side. They're great for getting nice prints of your underwater vacations to share with friends. But, if you want to get into u/w photography, go digital. Just my $0.02
I know it's not that or I wouldn't even consider it. It's a system with a separate strobe, and I am fairly sure that it's more than just something like my present camera. I have a Reefmaster RC, but I HATE (did I mention HATE!!!) the stupid coral flash. I hate it enough that I will never buy another Sealife product just to ensure that noone tries to market something like that again. Please! It just messes up the color of EVERY shot you take!!

If I were to go digital, I would likely find a housing for my Coolpix 990 (I think Ikelite's is discontinued, but maybe used?) and use that. I think the flash may be obscured, but even NO flash is better than Coral Flash!

The Auto 35 is a fine operating point and shoot system. Do not get the AquaShot for single use cameras because cameras are not available............

ike:
The Auto 35 is a fine operating point and shoot system. Do not get the AquaShot for single use cameras because cameras are not available............

I loved my Auto-35, in fact, I took many pictures with it that were better than the "big boys" with their Nikono$ cameras. Great design, Ike!

The strobe that you can buy for the Auto-35 is a powerful Substrobe-50. It's placement on an arm, well away from the lens, gives great results and minimizes back-scatter.

lionfish.bmp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom