I'm going dry!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always wear wool next to my skin, no matter what kind of DS and other underwear I'm using. Wool is an amazing fiber if you're planning on getting wet or damp
this is true, I uses wool mesh underwear, then a layer of merino wool then, a layer of 50% merino wool + 50% synthetic, keeps me comfortable both in the coldest of January and hottest of July.

Having tried out most of the undergarments mentioned so far in this thread ... each with its advantages and drawbacks ... I'd recommend giving serious consideration to the Thermal Fusion. Yes, it's a bit of a pain getting into, but as with any suit you want the undergarment that provides the most thermal protection with the least amount of bulk ... and none of the undergarments I've tried achieve this quite as well as the TF.

The Mark 2 definitely won't be warm enough ... New England waters are very comparable to Puget Sound, and I used a Mark 2 when I first got my (since sold) Fusion drysuit. The Mark 2 is marginally OK for summer, when the water's in the mid-50's ... but definitely unsuitable for winter diving when the water's 10 degrees colder.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

---------- Post added September 8th, 2014 at 07:21 AM ----------

If only I could find some heated socks for those hour+ long frigid dives ....

I used to rate my winter dives by how many toes I could still feel at the end of the dive. Figured it was just something I had to put up with if I wanted to dive in winter. Then I got a pair of Weezle booties. Haven't had a toe go numb since. I highly recommend them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom