I'm looking for a minimalist side-inflate BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still looking for suggestions here guys.

Side inflate BC. Light-weight. Quick drying. Durable. Salt and Chlorine-Durable.

Yes. I use a Knighthawk. Have been for almost a year now. I'm still constantly kicking to remain stable at the surface while teaching. Most vets that use them seem to have developed a fine, comfortable back "lean" at the surface. But for whatever reason, I can't. I have very little body fat and typically only dive with 2 lbs lead in a 3mm. Maybe that's it. I'm constantly feeling pushed face-first into the water with enough air in my bc to float at the surface.

I'm also lean with similar weighting. I don't have to kick, I just lean back.

This is in an Aeris ex lite which is a pretty minimal back inflate.

nothing is going to be chlorine durable if it is made of nylon. Nylon is broken down by chlorine, and sun. If you want a pool bc, get the shop that you are working for to provide you with one of the rental bc's and regulators, free of charge. you should not have to supply your own gear if teaching for a shop

A BP/W may be best, but you seem absolutely opposed to anything back inflate. I can say that a BP/W setup is more comfortable underwater, if you are having trouble with it at the surface, take Andy's advice, don't fully inflate. You can also adjust the tank height in the setup to adjust the center of gravity, which will help as well.

A BP/W may be best, but you seem absolutely opposed to anything back inflate. I can say that a BP/W setup is more comfortable underwater, if you are having trouble with it at the surface, take Andy's advice, don't fully inflate. You can also adjust the tank height in the setup to adjust the center of gravity, which will help as well.

Hmm.. yeah.. lowering the tank may help. Good idea. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom