Impressions on the new Scubapro Twin Jet Max???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dixie, my regular dive pal had the same impression when he got to try a pair at Jupiter this past Saturday. He said he had a lack of control. Seemed like they worked good as propellors, but not much as rudders. He put his old blades back on for dive no. 2.

I used my Twin Jet Max's for the first time over the holidays. I dove them in surge and I thought that they were great. I could certainly feel that I had fins on, which was kind of nice. I like to have that responsiveness but I also do not generally get tired from finning either. I didn't feel like I lost any ability to turn. I always felt like I could control my direction well. I was also able to frog kick with them too. Overall, they seem like great open water fins. Plenty of power.
I still want to try out some good ol' jets to see how they feel.

The Max is a little stiffer than the previous one. But, I am not sure how much it works compared to the old one.

I think their new buckle is the weakest point and is much vulnerable to any force and step crash. SP guys were surprised at my point though. The buckle isn't tightly interated with the fin. There are a gap.. In addition, the new buckle needs a a clip style spring strap if you plan to add on.

There is no all in black color.

So, it is worth to get the brand new, Max fin if you have already an old version?

Not a quite sure...

My daughter has always used Tusa force fins. Tried the TwinMax loved em'.
Personally I use the twin jets. And for the price I paid for em. Ain't switchin untill I lose one or something eats em' !

Any newer reports on these? Kinda wanna buy em.

Ive continued to use them on and off since my prior post and my opinion still hasnt changed. They are still to heavy and dont allow the control that im am used to with my Atomics. But if all you need is strait forward power that happens to be in a split fin they will work fine for you.

Where's your promised report?????

I thought you were the guy going of to Mexico and giving US report on your return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom