In Response to "a Unified Dive Industry"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow....with positive and constructive responses like that you are certain to promote change in the industry :shakehead:.

You could learn a thing or two from Winston Churchill (see my sig line)

Lets reinvigorate this thread...

Here is my responjse to Tom Ingram and DEMA after receiving his email dated 10/26 (via email.)

"Tom,

Fact: DEMA is a complete joke and it's demise is forthcoming.

The show attendance this year will show you where DEMA is headed.

Let's try to fix the industry Tom instead of continually trying to rape it and stuff it in the ground.

The only way to do it is to dismantle DEMA as we know it and start new. A new name, headed by forward thinkers, who have the best interest of the industry at heart, not just their own wallets.

Cheers,

Ken Barrick, Owner
Off the Wall Scuba"

There's also more to it that that. Car dealerships are generally located near each other. No one buys a car just because on dealership is several hundred yards closer than the competition.

It's not that there is a great physical location to buy cars but if you are looking for cars it's easier to go to the location where they all are...the concept of the mall is another example.

Part of this locational proximity is due to zoning laws. For some reason, cities like to put like businesses together. They don't want auto sales and repair distributed all over the place.

In older days, and lost of other countries, similar businesses are right next to each other. It's easier to find them. For instance, in Vietnam, there's a road where most of the vendors are optical shops. Then there are other roads where everyone is a furniture dealer. But, it also corresponds to the fact that there's no directory or map of businesses in the city. It's really hard to find a specific business unless someone you know knows where one is. Like I was looking for a music store. Couldn't find one. I'm sure that if I had been able to find one, there would have been a bunch nearby.

There is a benefit to the individual store when in close proximity to other stores. It cuts down on the cost of advertising. If customer's are drawn to store #1 because of its massive advertising efforts, and store #2 is close by, those who like to shop around will probably drop in on store #2 when they see it there. (I heard a furniture store owner explain that when he was asked why his small store was located between two giant furniture stores.)

Lets reinvigorate this thread...

Here is my responjse to Tom Ingram and DEMA after receiving his email dated 10/26 (via email.)

"Tom,

Fact: DEMA is a complete joke and it's demise is forthcoming.

The show attendance this year will show you where DEMA is headed.

Let's try to fix the industry Tom instead of continually trying to rape it and stuff it in the ground.

The only way to do it is to dismantle DEMA as we know it and start new. A new name, headed by forward thinkers, who have the best interest of the industry at heart, not just their own wallets.

Cheers,

Ken Barrick, Owner
Off the Wall Scuba"

yeah... like Tom Ingram is gonna be all for dismantling DEMA and cutting himself out of a cozy director job? yeah right...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom