In search of "All Inclusive Resort" In Cozumel for March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every op uses the marine park & until you proove you're an advanced diver they won't be taking you to the northern sites. The problem is that very few ops pick up in the northern hotel zone & that many ops (both in town & in the north) try to cut operating expenses by using the closer (to town) dive sites. A few good ops pick up in town & from there south but very few will send their boats north of town just for a pick up. Many others start out from the marina beside the Presidente Hotel south of town & will pick up at the different resorts along the southern hotel zone.

My family, 2 divers and two non divers, stayed at the Park Royal this past may. We enjoyed it. The accommodations were comfortable and the food was good. The beach area is very small but they have three nice pools on property. My son and I dive with Dive House. We have used them before and like diving with them. They will pick you up from the Aquasport dock at the hotel. Be advised Aquasport will charge you a dock usage fee of $6 per person per week to access their dock. Enjoy!

I agree with comments about staying North and diving southern sites. The best beaches are on the South end of the island btw and there are quite a few AI's there. Not sure what "beach bum" means - walking beaches, lying in the sun on some sand... Staying south means you will be closer to the southern dive sites but far from town. If you have no vehicle and want to go to town (shopping, eating, etc) then taxi fares can add up. We stay south for lodging. The dive op I use leaves from the marina next to the Presidente and if we dive northern sites we have to drive or take a taxi to the marina. Many southern sites are just a few minutes away. There are some southern resorts that are charging to use their pier for non in house dive ops.

We have stayed at Park Royal many times. Rooms are beautiful, ocean views if you are above the 4th floor, good food. We dive with Living Underwater and Tres Pelicanos and both keep your gear and pick up at Park Royal dock. We pay the $5 per week fee. You can walk to town (about a mile) if you choose.

From Park Royal to the main square in the center of town is roughly 2.5 miles. Park Royal to Blue Angel is roughly 1 mile.

If you have been in the Cozumel TA forum then you will get plenty of info. As mentioned above, are you happy with a small section of beach or do you want to take walks on the beach?

If you want to take walks then you have limited options:

El Cozumeleno and Melia to the north and Iberostar, Occidental Grand, Allegro and the Sabor/Aura complex to the south.

Here is a hotel map

http://cancunmap.com/cozumel-hotels.html

Last edited:
Shoot just when I thought Playa Azul was the ticket you all make me think again! Never really considered using an outside op and still stay at park royal, thought that wouldn't be an option due to not renting a car etc...but since they pick up at the dock that definitely opens up options. I'll continue to do my due diligence and see what else is an option. I really appreciate you alls advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always stay at the PR and use an outside op.

DO KNOW, the Aquaworld dock is high for their big boats, so if you use someone who has small 6-8 person panga boats, you will need to be physically fit enough to climb up a but (step up on their bumber tires from the front of the boat or something).

It is not a big deal, but just beware.

Aquaworld will also rent you tanks for shore dives as well.

I prefer the small beach at the PR as it is a real sand beach, and not foot slicing coral rock like down south on the real beaches lol.

Back
Top Bottom