In search of "All Inclusive Resort" In Cozumel for March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always stay at the PR and use an outside op.
I prefer the small beach at the PR as it is a real sand beach, and not foot slicing coral rock like down south on the real beaches lol.

That applies to Sabor/Aura and Iberostar but Allegro and the Grand are OK.

My opinions based on our experiences...

Sabor/Aura - Nice resort, good food, decent beaches. Taxi rides to town get pricey. Since you're pretty far south, you'll generally be last on/first off the dive boat, with a shorter ride to the sites. Unless you're going north...

Hotel Cozumel - Nice resort, good food but it gets repetitious very quickly since you don't have as many in-house options. Close to downtown if you want to walk in for something out of the resort. Longer rides to the sites, but with a shop like Aldora their fast boats make up for this. No real beach but there is a small fake beach down by the pier. Lots of room around the pool.

Cozumel Palace - Best of the bunch. Excellent resort. Excellent food. 4 restaurants plus 24/7 room service so there's plenty of options for longer trips. Right down town for anything you might want. Longer rides to the sites, but (again) an op with fast boats offsets this. Even going to Punta Sur Sur doesn't take very long.

That is one very long mile......
Perhaps I was thinking to chedraui. But we do walk to town several times for the exercise and Otates for lunch

My DH and I stayed at the Park Royal, AI, on what we affectionately call our "Run Away from Home" trip after our first son's wedding. We were feeling a bit frazzled after the event and after the last of the family went home, we booked a last minute deal and off we went in two days. It was a perfect place for a quick 5 day vacation. We actually enjoyed the AI arrangement as we did not have to use up our limited time with going out. However, for the record, we did miss getting out to our favorite restaurants and other than this trip, we do not go the AI route. We did use our usual dive op, Blue XT Sea Diving. Also, just a heads up...Park Royal is a timeshare facility and you will be STRONGLY encouraged to take advantage of a tour. If this is not something you are interested in, just say "NO Thankyou". We actually surprised the timeshare people when we ignored the opportunity at check in. At that time, the Porter, with our luggage, stopped at the top of the stairs where we were suppose to "check in for activities". We saw this for the time share hook it was and just kept walking, down the stairs to the elevator while saying "No thankyou, we are not interested in activities". The porter just shrugged his shoulders to the Time Share people and followed us down to the elevator. For the next 5 days, we were offered special deals as we walked by the Time Share desk out near the ocean side pool, but, again, we just kept walking with a pleasant "No Thankyou". The Park Royal is close enough to town with a fair enough Taxi rate. It's location is also good to enjoy the popular dive reefs . Regardless of where you end up at, do have a wonderful Cozumel vacation !

Double S

Best time I ever had from the time share people...
We were in Cancun and they kept pushing us to meet. I told them flat out that we had no interest and the only way that we would meet them was over breakfast, that we would walk out at 0900 to meet our dive boat, and that they would have to pay us $200 for our time.

They agreed. We met. At 0900 Sue and I stood up. I held out my hand and reminded them of our agreement.

They actually paid me.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Really.

I'm really leaning toward park royal now and just use a different dive op, especially since they will pick up at the dock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a grounds tour see this

Picasa Web Albums - Larry - The Park Roya...

If you don't have your own gear you might want to consider Dive With Martin who operate from the International Pier (just down the street a bit) & will pick you up. They supply the gear free of charge. If you have your own gear there are a lot of very good ops to choose from.

I'm really leaning toward park royal now and just use a different dive op, especially since they will pick up at the dock

That may not be all dive ops. Those leaving from the caleta south of you may not go north to the Park Royal so verify that the dive op that you choose will pick up there or plan on taking a taxi south.

Ron is right about that so best to verify policy when thinking of booking your diving. It's not that far from the marina to Park Royal but if you book with an op that won't pick you up there taxi fares will add up after a few days of diving. You could walk back after diving but unless you're an early riser walking to the marina in time for most departures wouldn't be my idea of a fun walk and I like to do long walks.

We have stayed at PR twice. Never been bothered by the time share people. We have used Dive With Martin both times. They are only 2 blocks from the PR at the pier. They leave early to get to the reefs first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom