Trip Report Indepth Watersports - 2 weeks of CCR diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joemcd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I spent 2 weeks of CCR diving with Indepth Watersports. I got referred to them from Dive Tech. They have a great set-up where my bench was around 2m from the boat. It's the closest to diving on a liveboard for boat diving that I've done. It made it so simple to get my stuff on-to and off the boat as well as to have everything cleaned after each day of diving.

They had everything I needed for rebreather diving (I dive an X-CCR) including the correct valves and enough diluent and O2 for each of the dives. It was just a matter of swapping out cylinders when done as they set aside 5 of each for me for the 2 weeks. The boat was sheltered from the sun and we had lots of snacks and our own water bottles to rehydrate.

For the diving itself, we did 2 morning dives with cast off at 8am and back before midday. Nico and Z were great dive guides. I did 4 days of diving, 2 days off and then 4 days of diving. 1 day I did a long shore dive with Nico at Macabuca. I enjoyed the contrast between the wall dives, the swim throughs as the coral gardens. We saw so much from Rays to Sharks as well as Turtles. They made the diving as hassle-free as possible, especially for someone in a drysuit and a rebreather. I also had a great long dive with Nico along a wall and coral gardens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom