Indonesia: Alor, Raja Ampat or Northern Sulawesi (Bunakan/Bangka Isl) in Nov??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_star

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Any opinion on where to go in Indonesia this November. Considering Alor, Raja Ampat or Bunaken area. Will be coming from Singapore (if that makes a difference).

The four Kings is incredible. Alor is good and Buneken is nice but you should look at liveaboards in Raja Ampat

Would it be better to do land at maybe Kri Eco or a liveaboard? And if live aboard any recommendations for med - med/low boats?

The four Kings is incredible. Alor is good and Buneken is nice but you should look at liveaboards in Raja Ampat

liveaboard is never better than land IMHO, but it's up to you. You're asking about two ends of the price spectrum: Kri is serious cash but you're asking about low end boats. Note that in this part of the world, low end can mean lower than you ever expected so set your expectations accordingly.

November, especially later in the month, is a very good time for Raja Ampat. From Singapore you're there in two flights, via Manado. I favor a liveaboard for RA ... you'll have better access to a wider variety of sites. For a moderately priced boat, I'd recommend the Grand Komodo company, based in Sanur, Bali. Comfortable boats, but definitely not gold plated amenities. Experienced guides and crews. I must say, though, if you can find a space on an RA liveaboard in November this late, you're very lucky indeed.

Grand Komodo: Raja Ampat Liveaboard Diving, also Komodo, Alor, other Indonesia

I was in southern Raja Ampat (from Kaimana to Sorong, via Misool) last November and the visibility was really bad, but they said these conditions were very unusual..

Hi,

Try to get in contact with Rob from Lembeh divers resort he has just opened up a eco resort in the Molucan I believe Halmera is the name of the place and it is a virgin dive destination.

Back
Top Bottom