Inexpensive family dive vacation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW. Reality sucks. I moan about living in Kuwait, but I think I'll shut up. My family of 4, all divers, can fly to Sharm El Sheikh in the Red Sea or Hurgada for $90 US per person round trip. A good hotel is $50 per night and the dives are cheap(about $50 per day per person, 3 dives total).... Fly down, dive two days, fly back the next day = total cost $910. For Everything. food is included with the hotel.... We dive every weekend here in Kuwait but do this getaway about 1 every month and a half. And Thailand isn't any more expensive, just a longer flight...
Me, being quiet here. Good luck. Belize sounds nice.
onon.

WE can Do Roatan with air fare for right around $750. per person not including diving and meals.
I just did Roatan in march and did it right for the Mrs and I.
We did OW courses and lived like royalty for right around $2K.
With airfare being a little higher now,the overall cost increases also.
I still think we could do airafre and lodging for around $750 per with 6 of us.
Heck, the rooms sleep 3 and run $35 per night FLAT, not per person.
If I were going it alone, I'd room in the dorms at the dive shop for $5 per night.

Check airfare with taca....NOT DELTA.....They'll take your arm and leg if you let em.
Taca has come along way since the days when they were rightfully dubbed "Taca chance" airlines.
The have nice new Airbus planes and the experience was excellent.
No puddle jumpers.....flew all the way to the island on big birds.

Since I first posted, I've realized that the cost of a round trip ticket to Roatan has increased by about $200. USD
Can't to do this trip for $750 per anymore.

Bummer.

The Keys are cheapest to get to, but very expensive to stay and the dives cost a lot due to being all boat dives. Bonaire is expensive to get to, cheap to stay and the diving is almost free. Cozumel is pretty cheap across the board and may be your best bet, although I think you can get in more dives in Bonaire.

Any recommendations on airlines to Bonaire?
All of the american airlines want an arm and a leg.

Any recommendations on airlines to Bonaire?
All of the american airlines want an arm and a leg.

check out this search engine website: SideStep
it searches all the major airlines and also the discount airline websites. One stop shopping.
we went to Bonaire last summer, on Continental out of Houston (closest for us).

:D

Check out airfares out of Austin to Cozumel, last week we were there & someone stated they had GREAT tickets costwise(forget the name of the airline but it was not a major one ---like CA,Delta,AA etc)......good luck......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom