Inexpensive family dive vacation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, according to the OP, that price is just for airfare.

Just saw that something was going on with the oil companies and price fixing.
I don't have time to look deeper but I heard something about oil prices dropping a bunch over night.
Hopefully airfares will follow.

Along with the standard American, Delta and Continental route, also look for cheap fairs to either Curacao (CUR) or Aruba (AUA). American has a daily flight from Miami to Curacao. Aruba has many different carriers including many charter flights (ie. TNT travel).

Now if you can get to Curacao then it should be easy to get to Bonaire on Divi Divi. If you choose Aruba then DAE (flydae.com) is your only real choice. They are generally on time but have no customer service and will charge you if luggage is overweight.

If I get to Curacao, why not just dive there?

There is no reason. The diving on Curacao is excellent.

If you decided to visit both islands you could take a Divi Divi air flight over to Bonaire from Curacao. When my family went last year the flight was $99 round trip. Of course with fuel prices on the rise I don't know what the current price is for the same flight. They use an 8 - 10 passenger plane.

Looks like Roatan is it.
Airfare has skyrocketd to pretty much everywhere.
I can still do Roatan with diving for $1000. per.

I searched for airfare and my buddy and I will be flying from Atlanta to Bonaire at the end of June for $450 round trip on Continental. We are paying about $650 per person for room, breakfast, diving and truck rental at the Golden Reef Inn. The deals are out there you just have to look for them and be flexible. I used a search engine called Yapta to track flights. It's very cool and sends you emails when the price drops on a particular flight. It will also send you a refund if you buy your flight and then the price drops further.

Here's my pick: Welcome to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park - Key Largo, Florida Keys
A nice, inexpensive State Park along a preserved coral reef. Diving, snorkeling, hiking, biking, boating, dive instruction and dive charters and very close to all other attractions and amenities. It won't break the bank. You can likely fly in to Orlando on one of those cheap "Disney shuttles." Take the kids camping!

I can house 6 peeps for 7 nights for $1050 total cost at Kawama's in Key Largo. Than book your dives with whom ever you choose we have plenty here.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom