Inflator Button Sticks????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SilverSurfer7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The inflator button on my Diverite Rec Wing BCD sticks when it is depressed. Is there anyway to take it apart and clean it? Thanks. :kiss2:

I think they are about $30-$40. I would it turn it into a fast moving projectile to the nearest dumspter. Could it be under warranty?

Last edited:
After watching that video I hold to my original thought.

Tobin,

Just received my Kydex plate and doubles wing today from my instructor. It is going for it's first dip this Thursday in Ft Lauderdale. Scott

The inflator button on my Diverite Rec Wing BCD sticks when it is depressed. Is there anyway to take it apart and clean it? Thanks. :kiss2:

take it off the wing and let it sit in some white vinegar for 10 minutes..put it back on a lp inflator hose and try it...if this fails go for the dumpster...should work ok after the dip..

When a $30 to $40 watch needs a new battery, do you throw it away and buy a new one?

The nice thing about learning exactly what the problem is and how to fix it is that you can often make such fixes in the middle of a dive trip at no cost and without finding a shop.

When a $30 to $40 watch needs a new battery, do you throw it away and buy a new one?

The nice thing about learning exactly what the problem is and how to fix it is that you can often make such fixes in the middle of a dive trip at no cost and without finding a shop.

Good point! My humor gets the best of me at times....

Hi,

You can try soaking the inflator in a vinegar/water solution, which will help with any grime that may be causing the button to stick. However, if the problem is internal we recommend replacing the power inflator.

Best,
Kathleen

Hi,

You can try soaking the inflator in a vinegar/water solution, which will help with any grime that may be causing the button to stick. However, if the problem is internal we recommend replacing the power inflator.

Best,
Kathleen

I feel better now...

Awesome replies. The DeepSeaSupply Video was very slick. Thanks so much. I'll try the vinegar bath first. Thanks Again!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom