Inflator Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don’t use the bottom port. Keep the 1st stage vertical. And, get a 6-inch hose on the transmitter.

Attachments

• IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 48
Don’t use the bottom port. Keep the 1st stage vertical. And, get a 6-inch hose on the transmitter.
I'll respectfully disagree with all 3 of those recommendations.

bottom port with a long hose is much better for hose routing even though it cants the first stage to the side a bit, and the 6" hose adds all of the high rate of failure points of a SPG back into the system. No need to have an analog spg on the system so put the transmitter on the left so it doesn't look like a valve knob and with the first stage canted over you won't have anyone mistaking it for a handle.

Understood… this is one area where I disagree with the standard configuration.

Regardless of which side the transmitter is on, it still looks like a valve handle, and it’s just a matter of time before someone grabs it. Or, sticking up like that, it gets banked on something.

I’m not ready to give up the analog guage. I personally have never had a hose fail because I replace them periodically. I also have several regs and one one transmitter, so the transmitter gets moved from one reg to another, but I still want each reg to be completely functional.

I also occasionally dive dry with a single tank and need another port for the suit. With the valve tilted, it makes that difficult.

Might try a swivel between the first stage and hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom