Instant Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

verybaddiver:
last time i cared about badges i was 11 and in the scouts

badges? we don't need no stinkin' badges

H2Andy:
badges? we don't need no stinkin' badges

5 scuba points (redeemable for a *free PADI patch) if you know the movie that popular quote is from...

* Some restrictions apply, such as the fact that these points aren't really redeemable, nor is the PADI patch available or free

Kriterian:
5 scuba points (redeemable for a *free PADI patch) if you know the movie that popular quote is from...

treasure of the sierra madre

keep the patch.

mrobinson:
LOL - I need to find mine and make a buck! I just didn't know it could be done. :)

Most Instructors don't make much $$ from teaching. Do you think you can make a buck by pretending to be one??? :11:

humanFish:
Kriterian:

treasure of the sierra madre

keep the patch.

OOo, sorry. The answer was actually "Blackened Mahi-Mahi"...Mahi-Mahi.

PS: Congrats on getting the answer!

Gerry Rhoades:
I was wandering around on eBay last night and found numerous people selling PADI patches and certificates. The ones I remember were Rescue Diver, Divemaster and another that was something like Divemaster Instructor. So, anyone who wants to look like they really know something can just "Buy it Now" and be treated with great deference on their next trip. Is it possible for someone to get a job with stuff? That would really be a scary thought.

This is why it is important to keep your log book up to date and for dive operations to do check out dives. :crafty:

To address the priginal post......I hope you understand that these are blank certificates.

Im not really sure the certificate and badge is a bad thing. Some students find it a major accomplishment to finish a diving course whether OW AOW Rescue or DM. Im thinking of giving a badge and certificate to my students. Some will appreciate it, some wont. But Im thinking that I might get some good from those that like it and I wont get anything bad from those that dont.

partridge:
To address the priginal post......I hope you understand that these are blank certificates.

Im not really sure the certificate and badge is a bad thing. Some students find it a major accomplishment to finish a diving course whether OW AOW Rescue or DM. Im thinking of giving a badge and certificate to my students. Some will appreciate it, some wont. But Im thinking that I might get some good from those that like it and I wont get anything bad from those that dont.

some people might appreciate it, but quite simply i don't personally believe its a safe attitude to dive for badges :> (its better to dive for gold and other treasure)

Kriterian:

Blazing Saddles!

Kriterian:

* Some restrictions apply, such as the fact that these points aren't really redeemable, nor is the PADI patch available or free

Gotcha! with Anthony Edwards and Linda Fiorentino. Or did you mean the ORIGINAL movie that contained the quote.

BTW -- I LOVE that quote!!!

theskull

Back
Top Bottom