instructions for atomic din to yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olli

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a din to yoke adapter for a B2, and i dont have the instructions for using it.:dork2: can someone help me out? Thanks

Screw the male end of your din attachment into the female end of the yolk adaptor. Use the regulator as you would if it were a standard yolk regulator.

so take out the din fitting with the allen screw, and put in the yoke fitting? is there a torque spec?

No, if it is an adapter you are not required to unscrew anything. Just screw the first stage into the adapter and then you have a yoke set up. If you actually bought the conversion kit, that is a different story.........

so take out the din fitting with the allen screw, and put in the yoke fitting? is there a torque spec?

If it's not obvious to you how to use it (as described by spacemanspiff1974) then it seems that you have a yoke fitting that goes in place of the DIN fitting, not a DIN-to-yoke adapter. If so, you need to unscrew the DIN fitting with a hex allen and screw the yoke fitting on. Torque spec used to be 33ft-lbs until a couple years ago, but if another post on this board is to be believed, Atomic seems to have changed the spec to 21ft-lbs.

Of course, if you are unsure of what to do, the best thing is to have a competent store do it for you.

where did you get it?? i find it hard to beleave that anyone would by a din to yoke and not be able to install it. its so easy!! you.ll find that some places want a din fitting and some the yoke, to have the conversion is ok but it sticks out a little more than the din, if you can afford it get a din first stage and a yoke type. but in the case of traveling abroad best to find out what they have at the sites you diving,, of course if your planning going around the world the yoke adapter is the one to have. im sure if you go to any dive shop they will show you my friend.. regards Paul
G IN THE UK

where did you get it?? i find it hard to beleave that anyone would by a din to yoke and not be able to install it. its so easy!! you.ll find that some places want a din fitting and some the yoke, to have the conversion is ok but it sticks out a little more than the din, if you can afford it get a din first stage and a yoke type. but in the case of traveling abroad best to find out what they have at the sites you diving,, of course if your planning going around the world the yoke adapter is the one to have. im sure if you go to any dive shop they will show you my friend.. regards Paul
G IN THE UK

It sounds like the OP has a Yoke conversion kit, where you partially disassemble the reg to remove the DIN fitting and re-install the Yoke. It's a "permanent" conversion, best done with certain moderately-specialized tools, not the temporary adapter that you just screw on.

It does sound as though Olli has the Yoke conversion which does require the DIN to be removed using a hex head and the yoke and retainer put in its place. Just insert the hex head in an turn unscrew it. If it is tight you might need someone to hold the reg while you turn the wrench. Make sure the wrench is fully seated into the DIN fitting. I do not remember if the yoke retainer comes assembled but you may need to insert the filter followed by the retainer - this is on the valve mating side. On the other side that goes in to the body of the reg make sure there is an o-ring. To properly torque, my specs are also 33lbs, you want a thin walled socket. If you use a wrench there is good chance it will slip and damage the yoke retainer. Not sure where in spud land you are but if come through SLC there are a couple of AA dealers with the right tools - ie a thinned walled socket. Or in pinch also have them.

PS If you want to get rid of the DIN let me know I could make use of it.

Thanks for all of the help, It is a conversion rather than an adaptor. I took it to the LDS for instal and service since i bought the reg used and wanted it serviced before i used it. I think i will keep the DIN, since you never know when spud land might go DIN

Thanks for all of the help, It is a conversion rather than an adaptor. I took it to the LDS for instal and service since i bought the reg used and wanted it serviced before i used it. I think i will keep the DIN, since you never know when spud land might go DIN

If you're looking to get rid of your yoke adapter, I might be interested in buying it off you. Might be handy next time I travel somewhere tropical that only has Al.80s.

Back
Top Bottom