Interested in diving Sombrero Island I think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about a 'sticky' to showcase the best reefs in th PI's with photos and info from local divers? Emphasis given to areas unknown to most other than 'local' divers. A description of the area, seasonal life and a few photos (info given to be ideally backed up by photographs/video).

This will really promote the PI's as a destination for divers looking for true adventure diving by divers here.

Many see Puerto Gallera, Bohol or the other 'usual' areas as representative of the 7000+ islands in the PI's. There are many other areas which need to be promoted which few people promote. This will benefit the Phillipines - not just Cebu.

What do people think?

I waded through the thread and saw one reference to Anilao and just one link to Culasi. Most of the info posted is drivel.

Better to stick to the point and begin an entirely new thread about coral.

No offence, but I will only post images and information on a thread dedicated to pristine 'unknown reefs'.

Cheers

WWD

unfortunately the drivel is what makes the ppd the ppd... for better or worse...

we can streamline the stickies since we got a whole lot up there anyway - like drop the "learn filipino" thread w/c doesn't contain anything you can't get off google better... (ask gabriel)

Jag

I don't think WWD meant to insult anyone. The written word can be difficult to communicate with sometimes (afterall 70% of communication is non-verbal :wink:) It can be easy to come across harsher than you intend. Not everyone posts a lot on the internet :eyebrow:

huh? he didn't mean to insult anyone twice? he certainly has a way of coming off the wrong way many times.

@wwd: feel free to post that thread on pristine unknown reefs where tourists can't reach. it's a free board after all.

I waded through the thread and saw one reference to Anilao and just one link to Culasi. Most of the info posted is drivel.

Better to stick to the point and begin an entirely new thread about coral.

No offence, but I will only post images and information on a thread dedicated to pristine 'unknown reefs'.

Cheers

WWD

none taken. Just being polite by answering when you asked what people thought.

unfortunately the drivel is what makes the ppd the ppd... for better or worse...

we can streamline the stickies since we got a whole lot up there anyway - like drop the "learn filipino" thread w/c doesn't contain anything you can't get off google better... (ask gabriel)

Jag

huh? he didn't mean to insult anyone twice? he certainly has a way of coming off the wrong way many times.

@wwd: feel free to post that thread on pristine unknown reefs where tourists can't reach. it's a free board after all.

@wwd: I was certainly prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt before... Perhaps you don't realize that when you tell someone their posts are drivel that you are coming across in a very arrogant manner. PPD is what it is and most of us like it that way. Many of us who post on a regular basis come here as much for the entertainment value as for information. Many of the regular posters here have met each other in the "real world". With less than 20 posts, you've hardly contributed enough to be judging the people here who have given many hours of their time in helping others who are interested in the Philippines. If you wish to post a "certain way", then that is your choice. Please don't judge the rest of us if we choose otherwise.

uhoh wwd... you got iris pissed... you're in trouble now...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom