Interested in diving Sombrero Island I think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice bill! bring a few onyour next trip - they may just thrive here... tilapias did

Jag

Thanks... Don't know if they would let me on the plane with them ;-)

Actually they are fairly wide-spread, but only commonly observed in Japan and the Northern Philippines. I haven't dived up north yet so maybe thats why I haven't seen one there :)

I apologise to all for my poor choice of words and any offence caused :dork2:.

I know that many people here have a wealth of knowlege and information and we simply want to share our information with people to promote the Philippines :)

Getting good and accurate information about the best sites - especially the lesser known ones - can be hard, as comparitive to other areas, very few people visit these places. The area around Southern Letye has a great reputation for good sites with excellent coral and whale shark. We know a few divers who have been there who have told us that the corals are superb. This is confirmed by posts here.

However, though whale shark pictures from Southern Leyte are on the net, it is hard to find images of the coral taken by divers. We really appreciate how incredibly good the coral reefs in the Philippines can be in areas where they have been untouched and undamaged - the best in the World. However, it is helpful to see some images/video to get a good idea what the area is like.

We are photographers and have some images that we would like to post to give people an idea of the areas which we consider are excellent and give some more specific info about the reefs (excluding their exact location to protect them).

As a relatively new poster, I want to seek your advice on this and if you think that it is worthwhile to do?

Thanks

WWD

excellent!

now that we are all friends again...

yes - it will be worthwhile...

open a new thread - even put a "no hijacking" label on it - for dive site information...

do remember that many people (especially those who need more info) will ask questions and you'll have people answering...

so if you can design a specific use/ purpose for the thread (e.g. diveshop directory for philippines) and label it "no hijack please" then it should survive pretty much intact for a very long time...

on the other hand if you want to have discussions on the thread then we will see the discussion moving around somewhat.... it happens even in real life...

but go ahead on the new thread... it will definitely be of use in the greater scheme of things... :biggrin:

Jag

just post a thread and show us what good and accurate information is all about. post lots of pics since that's what you are asking others to do.

on a side note, you're asking for lots of info about sites others may know but decline to provide specific details about those that you know about? not exactly a fair exchange of info is it? just my two sentimos.

Yeah, like keeping it near his chest. I suspect his pics been "hijacked" in a another forum. Hey WWD, you know Dave Allen or Sarah? FYI, they are banned here.

I suspect that is exactly the case especially as he says he has some very nice pics and is new to posting. If I ever took a good photo, I'd be worried too :D

Actually all my photos that I post now have my name and copyright embedded in the metadata. If I think it's a really good photo, I would add a visible watermark.

Just a suggestion to make you feel a little better about posting your photos :)

Okay... since you asked :wink: Here's a shot from Puerto Galera in June. I call this photo "Chromodoris willani" because it is :D

n843784243_993406_3709.jpg

wowowee! in clear water too. how big was it bing?

Back
Top Bottom