Interesting technology, undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kinda neat, but doesn't seem likely to get much traction in ordinary recreational (which includes technical) diving.

We have to wear enough passive insulation to be okay even if our suit heat totally dies. So, we'll always be subject to the possibility of sweating if we're working hard. Unless you spend the money for redundant batteries, controllers, and heated garments, the suit heat will always (assuming you are diving safely) be an optional bonus add-on.

Or, I reckon it could be handy and useful without redundancy if you're just doing purely recreational dives where you are always free to just go straight to the surface if your heat dies and you are getting cold.

It said Santi on it, so I'm guessing it is $$$$$. My heat was already $$$. I'm okay with having to manually turn it on/off and manually adjust the temp setting....

It said Santi on it, so I'm guessing it is $$$$$. My heat was already $$$. I'm okay with having to manually turn it on/off and manually adjust the temp setting....
It is actually Avon, a company with a partnership with Santi, I guess (there are several Santi pictures on their website).

They focus on defense products, so their products are likely even more expensive than Santi...

EDIT: link here: Core Intelligent Heated Diving Undersuit | Avon Protection

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom