Intova 3W LED Dive Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those worried about the CR123A batteries...

Yes, they are crazy expensive.. but..

you can find rechargables - I bought some form the US (with 4 rechargeable CR123 batteries rated at 900mah each) for about $25 - $30. They last for a while, and having 2 sets mean you can have a spare pair of batteries ready to go.

Z...

For those worried about the CR123A batteries...

Yes, they are crazy expensive.. but..

you can find rechargeable - I bought some form the US (with 4 rechargeable CR123 batteries rated at 900mah each) for about $25 - $30. They last for a while, and having 2 sets mean you can have a spare pair of batteries ready to go.

Z...

Disposable
1300mha CR123 for $1 each .. TITANIUM CR123A 3V LITHIUM PHOTO BATTERY

1300mha CR123 $.99c each ... Primary Lithium Battery: CR123A 3.0V 1300mAh Photo / Flashlight Battery - LM-CR123A

1550mha CR123 $1.49 each ... 1pc Panasonic CR123A 3 Volt Photo Lithium Battery 1550mah from $1.15 each!

Rechargeable
4 rechargeable 900mha CR123 and charger $28.95 (more batteries @ $3.95 each) ... 4 Pack RCR123A 3.0V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger
NOTE: because of the lower mha ratings, your run time will be shorter wth rechargables,

Case
Hard Shell Case for carrying loose CE123 batteries (new TSA Regulations) ... Hard Shell Battery Case for 12 CR123A Lithium Battery ( Titanium CR123A battery Case)

Thanks Z :D

Gotcha D_B - thanks for the LED/driver clarification.

Henrik

Hello,
if you want to see, what is possible today with only one LED in a small torche, look in the attachments the PHOTON.

Michael

Attachments

• Photon-Cave_engl.pdf
    200.6 KB · Views: 325
mbsub; very nice lights indeed. It's worth noting though, that between exchange rate shipping and no US dealers, it may not be entirely fair to compare a $40 light with possibly $20 - 40 upgrades to a high end light costing $600+ *if* you don't charge tax for overseas sales ... :wink:

That said, I really like your lights. Photon would be a great all-purpose light (for me - rec diving only), but I'd love to see one more light level: Low, Mid, High, and 60 minute burn time on high is just a tad short. And since I'm already being unreasonable :D I'd like to see a more convenient attachment point for a bolt snap - maybe with a different end-cap option?

Question: you mention about 2 hour charge time for the Photon; Would that vary depending on the power system it is plugged into. I.e. would the charge time be the same for US 110V and for EU 220V power grid? I ask since I've noticed my electric shaver takes considerably longer to charge in EU than in the US.

How about it :)

Henrik

@Henrik

the charging time is the same, on 110V and 230V.

Michael

Forgot to mention - the $30 included the charger :)

Disposable
1300mha CR123 for $1 each .. TITANIUM CR123A 3V LITHIUM PHOTO BATTERY

1300mha CR123 $.99c each ... Primary Lithium Battery: CR123A 3.0V 1300mAh Photo / Flashlight Battery - LM-CR123A

1550mha CR123 $1.49 each ... 1pc Panasonic CR123A 3 Volt Photo Lithium Battery 1550mah from $1.15 each!

Rechargeable
4 rechargeable 900mha CR123 and charger $28.95 (more batteries @ $3.95 each) ... 4 Pack RCR123A 3.0V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery with Smart Charger
NOTE: because of the lower mha ratings, your run time will be shorter wth rechargables,

Case
Hard Shell Case for carrying loose CE123 batteries (new TSA Regulations) ... Hard Shell Battery Case for 12 CR123A Lithium Battery ( Titanium CR123A battery Case)

Thanks Z :D

Michael; the 3 hour burn time at max output listed for the REVOlution, is that with Seoul or Luxeon LEDs? Sorry for the thread drift. I'm looking for a torch, but would like longer burn time than the 1 hour burn time of the Proton.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom