Intova Mini Torch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDSC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone had any experience with this particular light:

:: INTOVA ::

My wife wants a small/compact light she can carry with her on dives in the caribbean and this one is only suppose to be 5" x 1.25" x 1.25" so the size is right.

I know there have been other threads on Intova lights and people seem to really love them but some of those are a little larger lights. It appears this is the smallest one they make.

Thanks!

That's a nice little ligth - haven't seen that before. Wish they'd make something like it with 2 x 3 AA batteries instead of the CR123s though.

Would like to see beam shots if you go ahead and buy one.

Henrik

I think I'm going to go ahead and order one. One place has them on back order so I don't know if this is just out or not. But if I get one I'll post some results and a review.

It is ounce for ounce the best light in the entire world. Packs a seriously powerful punch for its size.

I used to carry a much bigger Princeton Tec light on night dives which used 8 D cells, and one evening an instructor kindly lent me her Intova so I could compare. It was way brighter. Ever since I have always carried two (props to her for making the sale).

You can use any 123 designation batteries - I buy them at WalMart when I visit the US. Fresh batteries normally give you about 8 hours of burn time.

That's a nice little ligth - haven't seen that before. Wish they'd make something like it with 2 x 3 AA batteries instead of the CR123s though.

Would like to see beam shots if you go ahead and buy one.

Henrik

They do:

Intova Compact Torch

The Intova Compact Torch. Uses 3x AAA batteries. FANTASTIC little light. I use it for a backup on OW dives, and like it so much I bought one for my wife!

I would never buy a regularly used light that depends on CR123A batteries. Too expensive, too hard to get if you need them in a pinch.

Bright enough to use as a primary in open water.

So do you actually have the "Mini Torch"? I have seen the "Compact Torch" but it's not the same as the "Mini Torch" from what I can tell.

I think the Mini Torch is a fairly new product and is the smallest light they make.

So do you actually have the "Mini Torch"? I have seen the "Compact Torch" but it's not the same as the "Mini Torch" from what I can tell.

I think the Mini Torch is a fairly new product and is the smallest light they make.

They don't list size specs on their site, but I can assure you the Compact Torch is not much (if any) bigger than the size cited by you for the Mini. Very pocketable.

They don't list size specs on their site, but I can assure you the Compact Torch is not much (if any) bigger than the size cited by you for the Mini. Very pocketable.

Thanks! I'll look into that one also. I thought I had seen somewhere that the Compact Torch is a little over 6 inches so you're right, not much different.

They do:

Intova Compact Torch

The Intova Compact Torch. Uses 3x AAA batteries. FANTASTIC little light. I use it for a backup on OW dives, and like it so much I bought one for my wife!

Yeah, I've read the treads and reviews of that one. I'd like it if they made a version with AA batteries though - just being picky :)

Not sure what to think of the push button. On the mini the description says it's a magnetic switch. That would avoid parts penetrating the "housing" making it a pretty tough little light as long as the switch stays in place.

I'll have to check one out "in person",

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom