Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This sounds like a fairly serious feature omission for Intova if one uses it for both video and pictures. I assume you can always capture images from your footage and then crop them in Photoshop if resolution allows...Thanks for the information.

Well, the GoPro is the same way in effect. Close up photos still do not focus properly.

Is there any timelaps option on the Intova cam?

Yes. It has the option of taking photos in time lapse at 1 SECOND / 2 SECONDS / 5 SECONDS / 10 SECONDS / 30
SECONDS / 60 SECONDS / 120 SECONDS / 180 SECONDS.

Another feature of the Intova is that it has picture "effects". You can shoot video or picture in ART / SEPIA / NEGATIVE / MONOCHROME / VIVID modes. I will try to get samples of all of these this week as well for you fine folks to look at.

For now, here is a 15 second clip of an octopus I shot.

Intova Sport Pro Camera w/ L&M SOLA 1200's. Octopus in GTMO - YouTube

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video.

JamesK - after considering all options I went ahead and ordered Intova SP and the red filter for it. One thing I was not sure whether the camera comes with a lanyard or a wrist mount of some sort or if there is a lanyard attachment point on the housing (alternative option is something like that from Mako spearguns I suppose ) MCCCL-2.jpg
Also, since scratching the camera lens is a concern, was there a lens cap of some sort packaged with the carera? Thanks!

Congrats. The Intova does not come with a mount. It is however threaded for a standard tripod mount, unlike the GoPro where you have to buy an adapter. So you can purchase any type of mount you would like.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2012 at 12:49 PM ----------

If any one would like, I have the owners manual in PDF format, I can email to you if you PM me your address. I tried to upload it here, but kept getting an error.

Thanks. The manual is available for download from intova.net site. Is there any difference between the Slip on red filter model# IFREDSP1 IFRED-SP1-collage.jpg

and regular (threaded?) red filter model# IFRED 52? Is there any kind of lens protector coming with the camera? Thanks!

IFRED-Red-Filter1.jpg

It has no lens protector. I do not have any filters for it yet. They were not out when I had mine pre-ordered. I hope to try those soon. Looking at those, I think I would go with a slip on as it looks like it has less chance of causing any vignetting.

I called Intova and only the 52mm slip-on filter will work with Sp1. Adorama has a number of 52mm lens caps - I have seen some discussions covering which caps work with GoPro. Have you looked into which one would work with Intova camera?

Last edited:
I can't say that I have. Sorry.

Got my Sport Pro today and I am a little puzzled - even though the box says that 32MB of flash memory is built-in when I power it on it says 'No memory card' and the manual says it won't work without an SD card. Does it not have built-in memory or is that amount insufficient to take a picture or capture any video? I'll get a 32GB microSDHC car tomorrow and give it anther try. Otherwise it looks solid although buttons are a bit harder to push than on my Canon housing and it is definitely smaller than I imagined.

Last edited:
I have not tried mine without a SD card yet, as I knew 32M would not be enough for what I wanted to do. I will try it tonight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom