Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! I have many more, but it is hard to upload them. I am going to use it to make a video for SUDS this coming weekend because my housing for my Sony is leaking and I can't get orings in time. I have confidence that it will do a fine job.

Good luck with yours!

---------- Post added May 22nd, 2012 at 08:42 PM ----------

Thanks for the assist Andre!

Thanks Andre. I went to leisure pro today to look at that setup and they could not piece it together for me as they were out of stock with certain things. Their website says otherwise but oh well. It looks like a nice practical setup. I think that might go with the SRP tray and go from there. It looks to be well made and I could use it for others cameras, easy to travel with, etc.

Now I just want to use the darn thing!

SRP tray looks solid too. When I spoke to Intova customer service a short while back they advised to keep the lights as far apart and away from the camera as possible. So it's just a question of which lights you choose to go with. They recommended their Mini torches for their set up (they have wider angles and on/off switch on the back which is much easier to operate). For me two 200 lumens Mininovas were plenty bright even for the night dive. In fact, I used these lights as primaries a short while back (they are very bright for small size). Although it is quite possible that more expensive Sola light is better way to go (they have their own flexible arms with a tray setup for $99).

Sounds good. Thanks again Andre. I was wondering if those lights would be strong enough so that is good to hear. I am looking something for more in that price range so that is good to know. This will be my first time with a video setup so I appreciate all of your help. I ordered the SRP tray so now I just need arms and lights I guess...

Good luck with your new setup. Let us know what you end up with.

Sounds good. Thanks again Andre. I was wondering if those lights would be strong enough so that is good to hear. I am looking something for more in that price range so that is good to know. This will be my first time with a video setup so I appreciate all of your help. I ordered the SRP tray so now I just need arms and lights I guess...

Scott, as I mentioned above I have two Intova IFL wide angle lights from before.
41baej9oX-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
If I was buying new lights I would have gone with Intova Minis because they have a wider angle of the beam and switch on the back. Tovatec is just a new name for the same Intova lights - they had to change the name due to some trademark issues. Intova arms are designed specifically to be used with Intova tray so I don't see how you can mount them on SRP. I am pretty sure that Sola arms can be used with that tray because of the way they mount but then you won't be able to use Intova lights and would have to go with a must more expensive Sola light. I am not sure if there are any generic arms on the market that will work with any light/tray combination.

If you still decide to go with Intova solution check with diverssupply - they are another Intova distributor and show the same setup on their site.

Attachments

• cover.gif
    cover.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,104
Andre and JamesK...thank you both for your help. I just contacted the guys at SRP via email and they responded almost immediately about the arms. They are not on their website yet but they have arms that attach with an o ring so you can attach tubular torches such as the Intovas. So I plan on adding the minis to this setup and see how it goes.

Link to one of the first edited clips from that trip. Without the color filter and the lights (on that dive) the actual footage turned very blue so I ended up cranking up the coloring setting in Premiere as I could not figure out how to set the white balance the way I normally do for my pictures in Photoshop (although I shoot everything in RAW). I will post more as I edit them.

[video=youtube;XwUUSvbxSBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwUUSvbxSBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Since you've used both the gopro and intova, if you had to chose one over the other without taking price into account, which would you chose?

Back
Top Bottom