Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that's a hard question. Strictly for video, I would say the GoPro. I am convinced I get better pics with the Intova though. I am going to try to mount both of them on a single tray and do both pic and video using the same lights and lack of lights and see what is better. Should be able to do that this weekend. I should have already done that, but I just always grab one or the other. Let me try to remember to do that this weekend, and I will get back to you on it. :)

Sorry guys. It was a bad weekend. Between car issues with three of us, some divers that I had to guide everywhere and one damn near running OOA even after he told me he had 1600psi remaining 5 minutes before that, and one of my cameras flooding, I was not able to get any video. I should be able to do it this week. We are planning a dive for tonight if we get out of work early enough.

This sounds great. Please post some pictures of this setup when you get a chance.

Finally got all of the parts together and i am really happy with how the setup pieces together. I can't wait to use it. I am heading to Saba at the end of June so I plan on using it the. I bought the red filter too but I doubt I will really use it since most of the diving there is pretty deep. So I hope the lights work.

imagejpeg

That's great Scott. I hope you enjoy it. Well, I was able to do the comparison tonight. I took both cameras out on a dive in about 20 feet of water right before sunset. I have not got a chance to look at the vids/pics yet, but am about to. I will try to upload some video and stuff tonight, but with how slow the internet is here, imagine 13.3 dial up looking like high speed, it might not happen until tomorrow. It took hours to upload the small 45 second clips I uploaded before.

What I did was use both cameras, no lights were turned on. I held them right next to each other and filmed the same things, and shot photos of the same thing at the same time. The GoPro used a red lens housing, and the Intova was set to Auto White Balance with no red lens. I thought this was somewhat fair.

I will trust your subjective analysis when you get the chance. Thanks for doing this.

Just to add in case anyone else was interested; I contacted Intova to find out if they have a macro lens for the Sport, and they replied that it is in development now.

I did not get a single decent macro shot with SP1 so an add-on macro lens would be extremely essential for this camera. I wonder how they plan on mounting it though...

---------- Post added ----------

Finally got all of the parts together and i am really happy with how the setup pieces together. I can't wait to use it. I am heading to Saba at the end of June so I plan on using it the. I bought the red filter too but I doubt I will really use it since most of the diving there is pretty deep. So I hope the lights work.

imagejpeg

Can you post a picture of your new setup? I am looking into getting an SRP tray too and wonder how the arms and lights mounts look like. Thanks.

That's good news about the Macro Lens. I know that Backscatter is working on one for the GoPro. :) YAY!

Here are a few pics for a comparison. BTW, I started this upload at 9:36PM, it is now 10:34. :(

OK, the first two pics are Intova set on Auto White balance and Normal color.

The last two are GoPro in a Eye of Mine red filter housing.

The middle pic is Intova with with the WB on Cloudy and the color on Vivid.

It's hard to tell the quality of the pics because of the compression of them from uploading. I should have used my clear housing, but I forgot it in the house. Sorry.

I did not get a single decent macro shot with SP1 so an add-on macro lens would be extremely essential for this camera. I wonder how they plan on mounting it though...

Macro ain't gonna cut it with these sport cams.

Attachments

• AMBA0021.jpg
    AMBA0021.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 447
  • AMBA0022.jpg
    AMBA0022.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 441
  • AMBA0102.jpg
    AMBA0102.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 426
  • GOPR2231.jpg
    GOPR2231.jpg