Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Middle one looks the best IMO although red filter makes a lot of difference too...How do you change the color settings on SP1? I just checked and I don't see color setting in the menu.

The red filter does make a lot of difference, but the WB settings on the Intova are far superior to no filter on a GoPro IMO.

I see what you're saying - you used an Effect 'Vivid'. Never tried it underwater, it seems to make a difference. However, WB settings make me wonder how they don't have an 'underwater' setting in underwater-specific video camera... Hopefully it is something that can be added with a firmware update.

IT would be nice, but I would prefer manual white balance over anything.

---------- Post added ----------

Yes, effect setting, not color! Duh. I played with all of those tonight. I love monochrome. Negative was kinda creepy. lol

Photos. IMO goes to Intova. While the color filter does help the GoPro, you can get one for the Intova as well. Both have some sharpness issues, but the features of the Intova take it over the top. I also found that the Intova handles low light better.

Vidoes. I am going to give the go to the GoPro. The 60FPS in 720 is what does it for me here.

Final verdict. The differences in the cameras are minimal in both video and photo. The average user will not see much difference if lights or red filters are added. The features of the Intova make it the one I would chose.

I have some videos where the GoPro likes to Go Green. The color balance changes drastically. I have never had this happen with the Intpva. My next test is to see if I can get the GoPro and the Intova in a situation together where the GoPpo does it and see how the Intova reacts.

I did not get a single decent macro shot with SP1 so an add-on macro lens would be extremely essential for this camera. I wonder how they plan on mounting it though...Can you post a picture of your new setup? I am looking into getting an SRP tray too and wonder how the arms and lights mounts look like. Thanks.

Intova2.jpgIntova1.jpg

Here you go Andre. I tried uploading it last night but it didn't seem to work. The SRP tray seems very sturdy/well built. After seeing the Intova tray at Leisure Pro, the SRP tray seemed superior. It is so easy to put together too.

The guys at SRP were extremely helpful. I had ordered the tray only to realize a day later that they sold arms specifically for the tray as well. The arms are not listed on the website yet and they were apologetic about that. When I inquired about the arms the folks at SRP asked which lights i would be using and then promptly sent me a comped pair of arms with the O-ring connector. I was very surprised that they did that.

JamesK...I purchased the red filter for the Intova. When would you suggest using the red filter vs lights? from 30-60ft or so? Is the filter better to use when you are somewhat shallow with sunlight penetrating down? It looks like your photos above are somewhat shallow. I don't want to get a red hue when shooting in too shallow water either though...

I use no filter to about 20 feet. From 20-40 I use the filter. After 40 I usually switch to the lights. I take a picture first and look at it on the display to decide which to use.

View attachment 126787View attachment 126788

After seeing the Intova tray at Leisure Pro, the SRP tray seemed superior. It is so easy to put together too.

Thanks for the pictures Scott - this setup sure looks superior to the Intova (albeit more expensive) . How much were the arms? I can't tell how the lights are mounted on the top of the arms from the pics - are these rubber o-rings holding the lights?

JamesK, thanks for your summary above. Are the videos still uploading?

Thanks for the pictures Scott - this setup sure looks superior to the Intova (albeit more expensive) . How much were the arms? I can't tell how the lights are mounted on the top of the arms from the pics - are these rubber o-rings holding the lights?

JamesK, thanks for your summary above. Are the videos still uploading?

The SRP is what I would have liked to have, but the shop here had L&M double trays in stock. Oh well.

The videos are at my house trying to upload. Hopefully it does not time out. We have a four hour internet limit before we have to log back in. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom