Invasive species in Oz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys you could have an Aussie Christmas! I agree it may be best to take the time and investigate so you get the most out of your trip. No sense throwing it together and not having the time to get the best bang for your buck!

Or.... December of 2013.

That may work too.

Hey guys you could have an Aussie Christmas! I agree it may be best to take the time and investigate so you get the most out of your trip. No sense throwing it together and not having the time to get the best bang for your buck!

Aussie Christmas huh? That might be pretty cool. I have a question though. Don't teh ornaments fall off the christmas tree since it's upside down?

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy your trip downunder :)

I just wanted to say for your non-diving companion that the wet season in FNQ goes from approx Nov/Dec-to approx March/April. The water is warm, but on-shore can be a bit damp!

Hmm you wouldn't believe what they do here for Christmas some people put fake snow on their roof! :doh: I like Christmas here. The warmth, smell of gum trees in the heat.. best if you can get a dive in on Christmas day... then the Barbi afterwards.. fresh Mangos *sigh* who needs a white Christmas?

Aussie Christmas huh? That might be pretty cool.

Christmas in FNQ?? 'Cool' isn't the word that springs to mind!! You can leave your winter coats at home:)

I don't know much about the diving in the areas you visiting, but I hope you have a blast here.

Christmas in FNQ?? 'Cool' isn't the word that springs to mind!! You can leave your winter coats at home:)

I don't know much about the diving in the areas you visiting, but I hope you have a blast here.

Probably should have said kewl. :wink:

LOL you don't have to assume my quirky affectation:) One day maybe I will tell you the story of how Kewl spelled that way came to be part of my vocabulary! Fish and I will most certainly do everything possible to ensure you enjoy your trip here!

I used to live in Ft Laud and worked for a large computer company in Boca. I actually did my checkout dives on the Get Down, some 20+ years ago, in case you might remember that. Now living happily in Sydney (as of two months ago).

I've only been to Cairns three times so I probably should not be chiming in here - but I would agree with the liveaboard recommendation. On all three trips I did at least one day trips from Cairns - the reefs the day boats go to are heavily trafficked. The only island I know of up there is Lizard island. Great location but cost prohibitive (for me). I've done the Mike Ball 3.5 day trip twice, the second time with my wife as a non-diver. She snorkeled a few of the sites and was quite satisfied. Had the trip have been any longer she would have gotten bored. I thought it was a top notch live aboard and would gladly go again.

Good luck with your trip planning! Will you be flying FLL-LAX-SYD with AA/QA?

cheers,
Albert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom