Investment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To give you a little help on prices:

Hammerhead backplate, single tank adapter and harness kit from hammerheadscuba.com - 145.00
Oxycheq standard 30 lb wing from scubatoys - 250.00
Two metal buckle tank straps from scubatoys - 28.00 each, but they probably have cheaper straps in stock if you call.

Man... just got done with my English term paper, all 14 pages of it. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks a lot to everyone. I have recieved a lot of good information that will help me make a more informed decision. :14: Just so I have this straight though, are pretty much all tech brands compatibale with other brands of equipment(such as bolting on the same way or are there minor differences)? A few more things, BP/W set-ups... are tank straps included in the harness or bp, or are those the cam straps refered to erlier, do weight pockets slide on the belt or some other connection?

Thanks again
Josh

Man... just got done with my English term paper, all 14 pages of it. Anyways, just wanted to say thanks a lot to everyone. I have recieved a lot of good information that will help me make a more informed decision. :14: Just so I have this straight though, are pretty much all tech brands compatibale with other brands of equipment(such as bolting on the same way or are there minor differences)? A few more things, BP/W set-ups... are tank straps included in the harness or bp, or are those the cam straps refered to erlier, do weight pockets slide on the belt or some other connection?

Thanks again
Josh

krayz:

Thanks again
Josh

Not sure what you mean about the brands bolting together, but if you mean will one brand of wing fit another brand of backplate, yes they will.

Tank straps are the cam bands as you thought and they go through the slots on the backplate.

Weight pockets slide on the waist strap of the harness and in my oppinion are great. My weight belt always came loose on me and twisted around. The pockets stopped that.

yeah thats what i meant, i just wasnt sure if the wing bolted on or what.. yeah ive never been a big fan of weight belts except for free diving but under a bc they just seem to get in the way or get loose and begin to slip.. just one more thing to make things easier! thanks for the help

just placed my order with bp/w on the way. thanks everyone :D totaled to $456.48 incl. shipping.

~Kray_Z~

I have been diving for over 15 years and am waiting on my DM c- card to arrive and I agree that I would not hesitate to go with a package deal setup, especially a mid range one. In fact I am still diving with the original Dacor BC and regulator setup that I boughgt shortly after my original certification though I have bought several others along the way. If you maintain your gear properly it will last for years and maybe a lifetime.

If (big if) you really ever go tech, the cost of some OW gear will be trivial in the face of it. See the recent thread where estimates ranged from $20-50K just to get gear and trained for tech.

Do yourself a favor and get a BP/W if you're thinking of going tech, but don't think about it too much. Get what will suit you NOW. Too may people try to think too far ahead with their diving. All due respect, until you get some experience, you really don't know how far down that path you'll go. There's a lot of great OW diving out there and you haven't enjoyed much of it yet, so get something that suits you now and go have fun.

Cheers! :D

Back
Top Bottom