Iphone 5C Underwater Case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what are you guys talking about??? RF signal travel extremely poor in water. Extremely poor. College electromagnetice. Only very very low frequence signal tranvel well in water due to its density. That is why Navy use ultra low frequence for underwater communication, usually below 1KHz, some even down to Hz. Wifi running at 2.4GHz will not get more than a few a handful of centimeter.

......how to remotely operate a GoPro from about 10 yards .....
10 yards - underwater - salt water - using WiFi.... Good luck with your project!

I think for casual videos they can do an ok job, especially if you add a w/a lens and maybe some lighting.

So let me see if I have this right. You're going to bulk up that setup with external lighting and a W/A lens... just so you can say you took photos on an iPhone? That has to be one of the most absurd things I've read on this forum in quite a while. If you're going to do all that, why not just get a proper CAMERA like one of the Canon G series and put that in a housing? It'll give you far more control. It'll fit a much wider range of situations and overall, it'll take better photos.

The iPix iPhone 5 case is good to 200'. Very durable.....
... and soon you will be able to check your depth / dive time (and few more things) while diving with it :wink:

divenav_smartdivebuddy5.JPG

Back
Top Bottom