Irda. Driver for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad news it would seem (well for me at least)
The latest insider build of Windows 14332.rs1_release.160422-1940 makes SmartTRAK crash on loading.

I have reported it for what good that will do...

Ruh-roh . . . . I'm doing fine on 14295. I have to stop that update!!!!

Bad news it would seem (well for me at least)
The latest insider build of Windows 14332.rs1_release.160422-1940 makes SmartTRAK crash on loading.

I have reported it for what good that will do...
Do you have your preview settings set on "slow"?
upload_2016-5-2_14-45-16.png

You are correct my one is set to Fast

Just back from a week in the Red Sea and cannot download my dives yet again :(

@Automan

Find your dive logs and back them up somewhere you can find them easily.
Uninstall the SmartTRAK.
Navigate to the install file again (or download it again if you don't have it), right-click and choose properties.

upload_2016-5-3_5-23-26.png

When the properties window opens, click the tab for Compatibility, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and chose Windows 8. Click Apply to save your changes, and OK to close the property box.

upload_2016-5-3_5-25-21.png

Now, right click on the file and "Run as Administrator". It should work now. You have to open your log from wherever you saved it.

@Automan

Find your dive logs and back them up somewhere you can find them easily.
Uninstall the SmartTRAK.
Navigate to the install file again (or download it again if you don't have it), right-click and choose properties.

View attachment 372903

When the properties window opens, click the tab for Compatibility, check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and chose Windows 8. Click Apply to save your changes, and OK to close the property box.

View attachment 372904

Now, right click on the file and "Run as Administrator". It should work now. You have to open your log from wherever you saved it.

Alas no joy :(

Still crash message at program logo.

Also tried compatibility wizard which suggested trying Windows 7 mode.

One other odd thing I have noticed that during install it only shows the old DOS 8.3 folder names as before it would say "C:\Program Files"

I have an old XP laptop and will use that waiting for a replacement Preview Release

The new start menu also sucks in 160422-1940

Windows Insider Preview-Performance and maintenance-PC on Windows - Microsoft Community - US | BoardReader

Alas no joy :(

Still crash message at program logo.

Also tried compatibility wizard which suggested trying Windows 7 mode.

One other odd thing I have noticed that during install it only shows the old DOS 8.3 folder names as before it would say "C:\Program Files"

I have an old XP laptop and will use that waiting for a replacement Preview Release

The new start menu also sucks in 160422-1940

Windows Insider Preview-Performance and maintenance-PC on Windows - Microsoft Community - US | BoardReader
SmartTRAK works fine as Windows 8, so no worries.

The old DOS8.3 names are still in effect. The fancy long names we use today are actually part of the files' properties. When you look in a folder, it pulls that friendly name and displays it instead.

Have you tried going back to the preview and downloading and installing the 14295?

Just for info it is working again :)

Lost my screen / window positions but otherwise okay.

The only thing that has just changed is my AVG Internet Security did an update which required a restart.

Reactions: Jax
Hey Automan. Just download the SmartTRAK software again. It works fine for me, but yes, SmartTRAK vanished after the install, along with my Bitdefender Total Security. Bitdefender are working on that for me as we speak.

seems IRDA is restored under Windows 10.
I updated 3 Windows 10 laptops to version 1511 10586.218 (available since a couple of weeks) and my Sigmatel (Belkin) dongle is detected.

Unfortunately, this supplier is out of business and the drivers will not be updated, so, it won't start.
EDIT : look also at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3150989

Not a big deal for me, i don't have IRDA devices anymore.

Scubapro users, please update, check and report, for the Communauty

Last edited:
seems IRDA is restored under Windows 10.
I updated 3 Windows 10 laptops to version 1511 10586.218 (available since a couple of weeks) and my Sigmatel (Belkin) dongle is detected.

Unfortunately, this supplier is out of business and the drivers will not be updated, so, it won't start.
EDIT : look also at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3150989

Not a big deal for me, i don't have IRDA devices anymore.

Scubapro users, please update, check and report, for the Communauty

WooHoo, that did it. SmartTrak now working with my Luna on version 1511 10586.218.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom