Irda. Driver for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like the next major release to Windows 10 is not now until June!

This I imagine will contain the IRDA support that is available in the "insider release versions"

Windows 10 release date, features, devices and free upgrade: Everything you need to know about Microsoft's latest OS
Just so someone else doesn't get confused with the July 2015 date, here is the part to which Automan refers:
Windows 10 latest news
08/03/2016: Microsoft has pushed back a planned Windows 10 upgrade that was due later this year, apparently to ensure a new swathe of devices run it out-of-the-box.

The Redstone 2 update was set for release in November, but now will not come out until spring 2017, Winbeta revealed last week.

While Windows 10 is the last operating system Microsoft says it will produce, it does bundle new features together in regular updates throughout the year.

Redstone 1 is due to land in June and suceeds the last major update, 'Threshold 2', which rolled out in November last year.

ZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley followed up this week to say that anonymous sources told her the delay is to ensure a new wave of Windows 10 devices run the latest version of the operating system.

I would just like to thank the community for helping me sort this out.

I switched my spare lappie to the insider build, and it (ahem) "upgraded" as described,
And my generic irda dongle works again!

Cheers!

Well after reading here, I signed up for the service yesterday. Today a update was available
(Build 14295.rs1_relese.160318-1628) So I installed it. low and behold I looked over at the IR after the install and yep, it is flashing now. BUT when I clicked on the desk top link to SMARTTRAK it starts to open and the reads..."UWATEC 2.0.8.1 has stopped working.." and the "Microsoft will let you know when there is a solution". I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no change. Any ideas?

BUT when I clicked on the desk top link to SMARTTRAK it starts to open and the reads..."UWATEC 2.0.8.1 has stopped working.." and the "Microsoft will let you know when there is a solution". I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it with no change. Any ideas?

I had exactly the same experience. I tried a bunch of [installs] [admin installs] [sfc /scandisk], etc. Nothing worked. IR was apparently functioning, but now Smarttrak would not. Then one day without doing anything else but trying to open it ...one more time.....it worked. I have no idea why.
It IS a beta product, and it does have problems. I would not depend on it for a main OS.

Don't remember but doesn't much matter. I absolutely didn't do anything that would suddenly make it work, no re-installs, no Win10 upgrades.....nothing. I simply tried it again and it worked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom