Irvine resigns thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Stalker, that's funny.

Chrissy, you should watch your mouth.

If this keeps up, are you going to run and hide like you did in the last thread where you got your butt handed to you? 'Cause it'd be better if you did that now.

Instead of spending time here, perhaps you could spend some time trying to learn how to reach your tank valve in a cheap poodle jacket while the tank hangs down to your knees.

Can't defend your position so back to insulting... I hope thats not how you are in the courtroom.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
Must have missed that one. Got a link?

Actually I think the thread got pulled <G>

Spectre once bubbled...

huh? I didn't bother posting it since there is already a link over to it on rec.scuba.

Come on, Jeff, pay attention :wink:

Actually I quoted the wrong post. I fixed it :wink:

chrpai once bubbled...

Can't defend your position so back to insulting... I hope thats not how you are in the courtroom.

No, my position is that I don't waste time with ignorant people who make statements that have no basis in reality.

Even without permission, its a minor violation that no one would do anything about. However, the fact remains that you're wrong as a matter of law.

You lack sufficient education to make it worth my time to explain why. So, have a good night, Chrissy. If you stretch, you'll be able to reach that valve. Just keep trying.

chrpai once bubbled...
What is so bad about providing a link?

I guess the clubbing will contiunue until morale improves.

You need a smoke screen, or an oil slick or an ejector seat or something to escape....

K

:( damn another thread that was a total wast of time :upset:
Well off to see if there is somethink that will be a little more uplifting and educational!

ReeseTD once bubbled...
:( damn another thread that was a total wast of time :upset:
Well off to see if there is somethink that will be a little more uplifting and educational!

Pffttt... I'm with you on that.

Northeastwrecks and Jonnythan: With all due respect to y'all (and whether you believe it or not, I do have a lot of respect for both of you) you guys definitely need a course in copyright law. Your statements are simply incorrect, and I'm sick of hearing you bellyache about it.

1. The term "crossposting" isn't defined as "posting a link." "Crossposting" is the action of posting the same message to many threads... Effectively "spamming" or "posting indescriminantly."

2. This board can do anything they want... This is NOT a democracy. It's someone's personal creation - and they make the rules. If they say "no links" or "no messages from other boards," then those are the rules, plain and simple. If they want to call that "crossposting," then that's their right. Of course, they're going to have to define it for everyone, since the rest of us define "crossposting" as "crossposting," not "posting messages from other boards." :)

3. Nobody posted a message from another board. Someone provided a link. Nowhere in TOS is there a rule against posting links.

4. When an author puts a message into a public forum, it becomes public domain. Copyright law no longer applies. It can't. What, do I need a license from an author to receive email? After all, my computer does actually COPY the message to display it to me.

5. There is no copyright law on the internet as of yet. Argue with this all you want, then call your lawyer. He'll take your retainer, claim to do a bunch of work, and then come back later and tell you that he can't find the specific law. That's because it doesn't exist - yet. Who's going to enforce it? The internet police? The United Nations? (If you think the FBI, then you're forgetting that the internet doesn't exist solely within the U.S... They have no juristiction).

6. The Constitution of the United States still guarantees freedom of press. Anyone can say anything they like, at any time, according to the law (slander and lible laws apply). Until the law says otherwise, the internet is still "public domain" and is still "press." Only private entities - such as the owners of this site, for example - can decide what's okay to post or not. And their only restitution is to ban someone, which is sort of a "last resort" sort of solution for them.

7. All of that said, I would have also waited for Spectre, an individual with authority here, to give the "okay." It's simply good netequette. I'm pleasantly surprised that he didn't pull the post.

NEwrecks and Jonnythan: Y'all need to get a grip and stop trying to play God.

'Specially you, NEwrecks. Nobody made you "king." ...And while you're at it, you need to be a lot nicer to people. Some of the things you say really make you look like a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom