Is a core warmer a good investment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my .02, but I just wear a 2mm Bare plasma shorty under a Bare 7mm velocity, in 40 degree water, I was nice and toasty except for my hands which I rectified with a pair of 5mm merino lined gloves, ahhhh so warm! In the same temp water on new years eve, I wore a merino core warmer under my 7mm suit and between the two, I personally saw no difference.

That hyperlink does go to the one I have, it sure does stretch. What sold me on Henderson initially was to just stretch them all – immediate big difference. But with all the successful companies out there, and loads of people happy with the other manufactures. Go stretch them and see what you think – It may not be worth the price. LOL you might not want to try one on tho – I think they are addictive.:D

Oh, they make hooded vests too. Personally I have enough trim problems (I'm short)that just an upper additional buoyancy is not good. Hence the core warmer (or call it sleeveless shorty, no additional zipper BTY, just slide into from top) or the 5 ml.

I'll guess I'll use the 5ml more than add the shorty but I can dive almost any day, anytime - vs occasional. So just the intermediate comfort/cost solution may be the or a core warmer for you. Everything gets so personal.:)

Check out the Henderson site, it shows all of the types, some are warmer, just different but there is some explanation of what they are supposed to be accomplishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom