Is Anyone "Just Diving?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll amplify what Damselfish said...

Most divers who arrive in paradise for their warm water pretty fish adventure have not one inkling of what they are seeing, how to find it, or what it is. The percentage is huge.

A good dive guide is a nice thing to have.

Actually, you have a very good point. Many of my best dives were with friends in Guam. A call would go out among the shore dive group or other friends to meet at some favorite location and everyone would scramble for tanks gear and food. That is a great thing - IF you live where such activities are possible. I now live in central Mississippi where there are no decent opportunities to dive locally. My diving adventures are confined to periodic trips to places that I do not know, so I must use the organized resources.

Rabby

I dove two days ago at a local quarry with my sister, (buddy)
we are only OW certified, no guidance
We just dove

and drove 2 hours each way :crying:

I mostly dive with my local club, but when they are not diving my father (buddy) and I go and dive. We are on a charter in Tobermorry tomorrow, no guide, no DM. I do agree that there is an advantage to having a guide on dive in an environment you don't know however.

Ya know I reckon the issue is that the -grab a mate and go for a dive guys are busy out doing just that --diving and having a good time--so they haven't got much time or interest yakking about it cos they are so busy doing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom