Is DEPP insurance out of business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Send the info to me. I can translate in a day, easy. Why this should add more than a month - if things are as claimed - is beyond me.

Sarcastic one-liners such as fisheye's do litle to endear Americans to the rest of the non-native english-speaking world.

In fact, on an equally sarcastic note, aren't there some Canucks who are reasonably au fait with French? see what I did there? Don't an awful lot of them live comparatively nearby? :)

I am quite interested in recent claim handling and activity with DEPP.

Fantasea Line insures all their housings for one year to new purchasers through DEPP. Of the problems I've seen (not many) they were handled in a reasonable amount of time, although communication wasn't great.

Seems like IPG/DEPP is monitoring this thread and hopefully they will take note of the problems that have happened.

I personally am looking to figure out another route for insurance as putting it on my homeowners right now probably isn't the best idea.

Jack

Just today in the mail I received a desk calendar and a letter from them with the specifics of my policy and any change requests.

They must still be in business I got mail from them.

Sandy answered my file claim the following day... and I believe I may have entered the claim on their website after their working hours, so I felt it was a very timely response. I was told to send my Uwatec in to Scubapro to verify it can't be fixed. If it can be, I will dive it and the Nitek Duo I recently purchased. If it can't be, I will use the insurance money to buy another computer so I finally have redundancy... something I've wanted since my Aladin Pro battery went out on a deep deco dive last year.

Oh, and here's an image of the now not-so-easy-to-read LCD display on my Aladin Pro Nitrox. At least it captures the dive data and I can still download that... after the dive!

Uwatec%20Aladin%20Pro%204098sm.jpg

I am glad to see that people didn't have as much trouble as us with DEPP.
I didn't say this claim was easy, but it is a waste of time...
The worse is the lack of answer. How coulld we follow the claim?
We still hope it will be closed as soon as possible, but we still didn't get any answer from them, since the last mail we sent a week ago...

I had DEEP but changed to State Farm when I did not get a response after a few messages. (06)

It just is not a good sign...

I'm always looking for a better value for my dollar, and I'll keep my eye on State Farm too.

It's not usually a good idea privacy-wise to give someones real name on a forum, if they don't choose to do so themselves.
I'm sure you are probably right, but I have a real problem with this trend. For example, now people at certain business won't even give their name on the phone!
Seems it is growing policy....So, if you don't stand by what you say with a name, an identity...how much does what you say mean?
I don't do business with anonymous entities, myself.

Sigh, Catherine, I guess you two won't be ordering any of my DVD's then. I prefer to be anonymous... then people don't judge me by my reputation.

Seriously, so far my claim with DEPP has been handled fairly. Based on my communication with Sandy, I don't see a problem. Of course I'd prefer it if I never had to file a claim.

I'm sure you are probably right, but I have a real problem with this trend. For example, now people at certain business won't even give their name on the phone!
Seems it is growing policy....So, if you don't stand by what you say with a name, an identity...how much does what you say mean?
I don't do business with anonymous entities, myself.
If someone wants to give their own name, that's their business. Anyone representing a business probably should. I was refering to someone giving someone else's name, as it wasn't clear the person doing it in this case was forum savvy enough to think about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom