Is DEPP insurance out of business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So... After more than a year, and three months of silence we finally have a answer from DEPP. Not from Sandy herself, but from the broker for the DEPP Program... So now, it seems that this claim will be closed... Just a pity it takes so much time... We don't know how, or how much time it will take, but having news is great ! Hope that now, things will go faster !

So... After more than a year, and three months of silence we finally have a answer from DEPP. Not from Sandy herself, but from the broker for the DEPP Program... So now, it seems that this claim will be closed... Just a pity it takes so much time... We don't know how, or how much time it will take, but having news is great ! Hope that now, things will go faster !

Who is their underwriter? I have been trying to find out and I don't see it on their website. I am having problems with them replying to my emails regarding the camera I sent for repair over a month ago which is now fixed and sitting in the shop because DEPP hasn't paid them.

This operation sounds like a one woman shop and she has no idea about customer service or doesn't care.

I switched to the personal articles rider for State Farm and got full timely reimbursement. The rate was less too. They did not make me send my camera off or anything. They fully replaced my 12-24 lense even though it was still "working" because they said it would eventually fail.

I switched to the personal articles rider for State Farm and got full timely reimbursement. The rate was less too. They did not make me send my camera off or anything. They fully replaced my 12-24 lense even though it was still "working" because they said it would eventually fail.

That's the way it should be. We've had State Farm for everything else for over 20 years and they are great. They keep lowering our rates for being great drivers (even after my husband's accident last winter).

Will they pay out for theft or damage overseas as well as flooded cameras on a dive? I wonder how much the representative will understand when I start asking.

Just a quick note on my DEPP experience. I recently lost my Oceanic Atom watch dive computer. I think that I left it in the parking lot somewhere. I don't know.

I called on Thursday or Friday and left a message that I needed to talked to them about a claim. I hadn't heard back from them by Tuesday, so I called again and left them a message about their promise to return my call within 24 hours. They called back that day and emailed me a form to record my loss and get notarized. I returned it the next day. A telephone conversation told me that the claim approval committer/group/meeting occurs on Friday. I called back the next Tuesday to find out what the replacement plan would be. Sandy told me that the replacement orders go out on Thursday, but she would place the order that day. I think that DEPP generally repairs your item or buys/ships you a replacement. They do not give you the money. My computer arrived a few days later.

I think that they are a VERY small group. The fact that they process claims on Fridays and place orders on Thursdays can extend the time to get your new item. They also don't send out updates about the claim as it moves through each step.

This is the second claim that I have filed and both have been completed with no problem, although they have generally taken a few telephone calls from me. They do what they promise, but I would like a bit more communication.

David

Back
Top Bottom