Is it possible to swap Aeris QD fitting to new hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DallasNewbie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Taking my kids on their first real driving trip, and I wanted everyone to have matching computers for simplicity, so I bought an Aeris Atmos AI on ebay to replace my console. Problem is that the hose it came with leaks, and our trip is in a week. It looks like several pin holes in the hose itself.

20210717_174706.jpg

I managed to get the hose cover off the QD fitting, but it's not obvious how it could be removed to put on a new HP hose. Does anyone know if and how this can be done? All the replacement hoses I can find are going for almost as much as I paid for the whole thing, and I can only find replacement QD fittings for the computer side.

The Aeris and Oceanic fittings are the same. If I remember correctly, the computer end of the QD comes off and there is a standard High-Pressure fitting, for a standard High-Pressure hose. So you can lose the QD and just have a standard HP hose to the computer.

If you really want the QD, then one of these can go between the computer and the new hose.

The Aeris/Oceanic OEM replacements are just too expensive.

The Aeris and Oceanic fittings are the same. If I remember correctly, the computer end of the QD comes off and there is a standard High-Pressure fitting, for a standard High-Pressure hose. So you can lose the QD and just have a standard HP hose to the computer.
I'd be ok with this option as well, but the fitting is recessed into the computer case, and I don't see how to renew it. There's not enough clearance to get a wrench on the fitting as it sits.

I'd be ok with this option as well, but the fitting is recessed into the computer case, and I don't see how to renew it. There's not enough clearance to get a wrench on the fitting as it sits.
As I remember, there is a removable bottom piece to the case (twist and lift) so you can get at that fitting.

As I remember, there is a removable bottom piece to the case (twist and lift) so you can get at that fitting.
Thanks, I got the case off. It required getting the compass out, then removing the compass housing, then removing the case..... The fitting came off easily at that point. If I can get a new HP hose and spool at the LDS tomorrow, that will work for my trip. And it looks like a special tool would be needed to to remove the QD fitting from the hose, so I may just leave it alone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom