Question Is it unusual that in September AA has almost no nonstop flights MIA-CZM ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
H

Himself

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Number of days with AA NONSTOP FLIGHTS MIA to CZM in month of:

March 31
April 30
May 31
June 30
July 31
August 31
SEPTEMBER 3
October 25
November 30
December 31
January 30

Number of days with AA NONSTOP FLIGHTS MIA to CZM in month of:

March 31
April 30
May 31
June 30
July 31
August 31
SEPTEMBER 3
October 25
November 30
December 31
January 30
Where are you getting this data?

Not sure your search is working right. I see no non-stops after Sept 3...including Oct, Nov, Dec.

000261.jpg
000262.jpg
000263.jpg
000264.jpg

As far as I can tell, all those flights you are showing have a connection in DFW. I don't care that your calendar says non-stop....just look at the flights themselves.

Here are an assortment of nonstop flights from MIA to CZM in the time period Oct 7 to Dec 31, 2024:

Attachments

• 000265.jpg
    000265.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 000266.jpg
    000266.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 000267.jpg
    000267.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 000268.jpg
    000268.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 000269.jpg
    000269.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 17
I checked September and October searching oneway flights MIA-CZM for nonstop only. The dates with fares are the dates with such flights, so I agree with Himself. None from September 4 until October 7, but then everyday. I have no idea why so I don't have an answer...

000.png

002.png

January 30
Except there 31 days in January with oneway flights in January. The $2,074 fare for the 31st looks suspicious tho.

Not unusual at all, its the height of 'hurricane season' it is typical for the various carriers to reduce travel to not only Cozumel but other caribbean destinations. The amount of reduction varies from year to based upon market projections, at least 6 months out. AA will also be reducing service to Cancun this fall. In the past it was not unusual for AA to reduce it's primary route from DFW by dropping Tuesdays and Wednesdays from August thru October, some years all the way to mid November. I Remember about 10 years back United dropped Houston to Cozumel to only Saturdays.
Many working folks have to pre bid vacation in the fall for the following year and if both husband and wife work they avoid vacations during the height of hurricane season.

Not unusual at all, its the height of 'hurricane season' it is typical for the various carriers to reduce travel to not only Cozumel but other caribbean destinations. The amount of reduction varies from year to based upon market projections, at least 6 months out. AA will also be reducing service to Cancun this fall. In the past it was not unusual for AA to reduce it's primary route from DFW by dropping Tuesdays and Wednesdays from August thru October, some years all the way to mid November. I Remember about 10 years back United dropped Houston to Cozumel to only Saturdays.
Many working folks have to pre bid vacation in the fall for the following year and if both husband and wife work they avoid vacations during the height of hurricane season.

This is almost certainly the cause I would think. 9/4 through 10/6 is the absolutely peak of hurricane season. If a major hurricane is going to impact Cozumel or Miami, historical data shows it will most likely be in that timeframe.

One additional factor. They are currently predicting a hyperactive hurricane season this year.

Back
Top Bottom