Is Mike Veitch the Antichrist...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
...or does he work for Canon?

Mike has been giving me some advice in order to "help" me replace the Olympus that I killed in Anilao - good news or bad news?

Either way, Larry is now officially broke.

I had a bonus to look forward to, but now it's pretty much screwed. On the plus side: -

Canon rebel DSLR
50mm Macro Lens
100mm Macro Lens
10-20mm WA lens
3 batteries, new (and bigger) camera bag

yet to come, Ikelite housing & strobe.

Having said all this, I played with the camera and the 100mm lens today, all I can say is that the results flatter the photographer - for anyone considering it, Larry says "do it!"

Cheers Mike, I still think you're evil though.

Any way to turn this into a poll?

I saw a deal the other day in Japan. The Canon Rebel plus 27-60mm and 60-300mm, for US$890. Is that a good deal?

Hmmmm. Kim, I don't know how good those lenses are but here in the US the rebel xt +18-55 ef-s lens goes for around 800 bucks.

midwestdvr:
Hmmmm. Kim, I don't know how good those lenses are but here in the US the rebel xt +18-55 ef-s lens goes for around 800 bucks.
Actually here they call it the D-Kiss I think. I believe it's the same camera though. As for the lenses - they're Canon, that's all I know! :D
(I don't know much about this DSLR stuff yet!)

Kim:
Actually here they call it the D-Kiss I think. I believe it's the same camera though. As for the lenses - they're Canon, that's all I know! :D
(I don't know much about this DSLR stuff yet!)
Might wanna talk to Mike then. But beware, look what he did to Larry's bonus :D

Kim:
I saw a deal the other day in Japan. The Canon Rebel plus 27-60mm and 60-300mm, for US$890. Is that a good deal?

Kim,

I think it's fair to say that's a good deal, camera + basic lens in HK is nearly $650. I spent more, but that was primarily for the macro lenses...until the wide angle bug bit :sad:

thepurplehammerhead:
Kim,

I think it's fair to say that's a good deal, camera + basic lens in HK is nearly $650. I spent more, but that was primarily for the macro lenses...until the wide angle bug bit :sad:
Damn, that's cheap. I wish I lived in HK. Currently looking at lenses for Nikon and I get dizzy looking at some of the prices here in the US.

Back
Top Bottom