Is Nitrox certifcation good to get for a new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the only course our LDS recommends right after OW. Now, why the heck aren't we getting a great break on the price if others are then?

That's a great price, take advantage of it. Like the other writer said, it's not for deeper dives, you befefit most between 50 to 110 feet. In addition to the longer bottom times that you noted, another great thing is surface intervals are significantly shorter. Good luck and have fun.

Shannon

take it, you will learn more and perhaps understand the theories that affect scuba divers breathing air.

of course, once you have Nitrox, time to start buying steel tanks, larger, to take advantage of it... :)

My wife and I just paid over twice that. It is a great deal--take it!!! It is mostly all classroom time, with a couple of qualifying dives that you can incorporate into some other advanced course.

wow - even at twice that price I would take it around here... but not at the current 5x factor :(

Aloha, Tim

Awesome price. Take it for that reason alone. But in general, I would say new divers shouldn't take the course until they can benefit from the increased bottom time. Unless they've got money to burn.

Do it!

Yes, take the Nitrox Class to learn more about tables and planning. I imagine you will pay additional for the two required dives. I am just finishing my Nitrox certification dives this coming weekend. Learning is an important part of safe diving. My class was $175.00 included book, classroom and 2-dives.

Have Fun,
Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom