Is scuba diving addiction worth being poor all the time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the up-most respect...

It shouldn't be the end of the "70 ft dive" that leaves you empty. Savor the minutes you are in your Nirvana. Slow down and digest exactly where you are, and the wondrous world you are in, even if it is for a brief time.

As a fancy dinner may leave my body full, my mind and wonderment are starving for the mystical underwater world.

Even with the limited time under, and with each stroke of my fins, I am in my religion. And no amount of dinners, or denying myself a new car, or even a movie, can ever compare to the call of the Sea.

Slow down and enjoy each breath through your reg and savor how you feel at that particular moment.

JA

P.S. I put my son through a VERY expensive school (SCAD) and not only bought all my equipment (Atomic and Mares) but my wives as well. The BEST advice I can share is to be a KNOWLEDGEABLE diver. Do exhaustive research on where you want to go, and you will find inexpensive alternatives. We have saved on the average, 1200.00 on any given weekly dive trip (based on 2 divers).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom