Is there a reson for this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Janni:
Have you looked at it with Photoshop? I'm sure not an expert yet
magnified 700% I can't detect manipulation of any kind.

Doesn't mean it's not fake. Just that whoever did it was better at faking a picture than you are at detecting it.

Monkey Knife-fight:
Doesn't mean it's not fake. Just that whoever did it was better at faking a picture than you are at detecting it.

Why are you so sure it's fake? If it is, then fine, but if it's not, it's not. Right? Do you know for sure?

Not that I care a whole lot. I was just amazed by the picture and didn't consider it might be fake. I wondered why anyone with need to rig out like that. It's not that big of a stretch from the rigs shown in this link http://www.inspired-training.com/depth_record.htm posted by dannobee. There are divers there with 6 tanks. Do you think those are fake as well?

Pascal Bernabe, a 41-year-old Frenchman, has claimed a new world record depth of 330m on open circuit scuba. The record was previously claimed by South African Numo Gomes – whose 318m mark stood for just three weeks.

Diving off Corsica, Bernabe descended in about ten minutes and completed about nine hours of decompression. He carried seven cylinders containing trimix bottom gas and other mixes. Stage cylinders were also arranged for the decompression schedule.

http://www.divernet.com/news/stories/130705bernabe.shtml

Sorry to burst any bubbles, but it's faked.

The simplest thing to look for is highlights and shadows, very difficult to fake. In this case, there are highlights on one side of the tanks immediately next to another tank. In other words, the light source for this photo is coming from the wrong side for the highlight on the tank.

Incidentally, I am a professional photographer, teach photoshop and lighting to other pros and I am a photoshop expert.

The photo is a fake.

Jeff

Moreover wouldn't anyone requiring this many tanks NOT want them arranged so perfectly behind them anyway? That could get confusing right?

jtoorish:
Sorry to burst any bubbles, but it's faked.

The simplest thing to look for is highlights and shadows, very difficult to fake. In this case, there are highlights on one side of the tanks immediately next to another tank. In other words, the light source for this photo is coming from the wrong side for the highlight on the tank.

Incidentally, I am a professional photographer, teach photoshop and lighting to other pros and I am a photoshop expert.

The photo is a fake.

Jeff

Gee, I try to make it a policy not to argue with an expert but... I must say you see a lot in that picture I don't.

I studied ART for 15 years including 3 in college, I've been using Photoshop since V.4, I'm an amateur photographer and I've taken photoshop lessions from people like you.

BTW - I'm not insisting the pic is real it's just no one has been able to convience me it's not. You might want to take another look at those highlights and shadows.

Don... it just occurred to me...

Where are the regs and where are all the hoses? All I see are bare manifolds. Am I just missing something?

The pictuers have been spreaded out on the net for a while. It turned out be not a gimmick... There are more pictures with his supporting crews...

The reason, he might not know the RB, not affort to get the RB, or want to be a cool as being discussed on the net forever like this :)

Back
Top Bottom