Is there an easy way to put on a 7mm wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop isn't going to like coconut oil on their suit. Did you try a larger size? If that's not possible, did you try the hair conditioner?

Another vote for a full Lycra rash guard and socks.
Easy on and easy off, wet or dry. The socks have also prevented the blisters I always developed by day two as well.

Get feet through and set where it needs to be on ankles. Get up to knees and set where it needs to sit on your knees. Get up to waist where it needs to sit. Do a squat or two to make sure everything is where it needs to be then pull up and do each arm in the same fashion. Before zipping up do another squat and swing your arms back and forth to make sure everything is where it needs to be then zip up. You'll get the hang of it after a few times. I limit my undergarments as my 7mm is pretty snug and they tend to bunch up when I try to put it on.

I've used grocery bags, but the lycra socks makes tons of sense. I'll def try that next time :)

Haven't really had trouble with a full wetsuit, but I'll take any tricks to help take off a tight fitting vest! I probably look like a lunatic with the contortioning I need to do 😅

I carry a small bottle of tear-free shampoo to defog my mask. If I’m diving a 5mm or heavier, I rub some on my arms and legs and the suit slips right on.

This makes a lot of sense. I can see how this would make things much easier. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

I'll probably use this in combination with other approaches like the soap and water in a spray bottle.

I tried both approaches and to my surprise it was easier to get the 3 mm wetsuit on. I hope it works well when I try the 7 mm wet suit in about 2 weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom