Is this PADI instructor still licensed to teach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its not a UK legal requirement but PADI insist on it for some reason. That's why its bizarre that they dont insist on checking HSE medical status !
In the UK you can be in teaching status and operating illegally or legal but out of teaching status.

If you've got a UK registered address and no proof of insurance PADI wont put you in status.

For years I was a PADI instructor in the UK and NEVER gave them any evidence of my insurance status. Have they changed it recently?

Its been like that for the 5 years ive been teaching under PADI at the very least.

I'd be interested to see any reference from PADI to that. I haven't worked in diving in the UK for 10 years so I could be out of date. I'd be surprised though.

Might be better to email them to get it officially. I was told it (and had the exemption added) via a series of very expensive phone calls from egypt to Bristol.

OK, thank you for the range of opinions and advice. I will just ask the instructor about it. It if he legit then I am sure he will clear up the problem very quickly, or indicate if there is an error.

Given how unreliable everyone is saying that the PADI site is for current membership status, is there a phone number that I can contact PADI directly on to ask them if I don't get any joy from this guy? Will the information they hold be anymore accurate than their online PRO CHEK?

I think congratulations are in order for making it past the "ReCAPTCHA" anti-spam device. I' must have tried well over 20 words in that bot now and still can't get a result. At first I thought I was typing it wrong, then it became a personal challenge. Now I'm just angry. :shakehead:

I think congratulations are in order for making it past the "ReCAPTCHA" anti-spam device. I' must have tried well over 20 words in that bot now and still can't get a result. At first I thought I was typing it wrong, then it became a personal challenge. Now I'm just angry. :shakehead:

To which "ReCAPTCHA" anti-spam device are you referring to?

Well if you check my name on the list you will see i retired from teaching after 35 years, i cannot instruct or issue c-cards and on the other list of names my name is not on it. my last date was 2008, and i still use my card to dive with. it is just that simple,,,'no ticki no laundry'

so i would go find another instructor who is current,,,,,,,
and save your money,,,,,,,,,,,

To which "ReCAPTCHA" anti-spam device are you referring to?

It's the two words that they require you to type (in order to verify you are an actual person) after inserting the instructors number on the same page... is this not something you had to do?.......

Now its personal! :cussing:

Back
Top Bottom