Is this PADI instructor still licensed to teach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's the two words that they require you to type (in order to verify you are an actual person) after inserting the instructors number on the same page... is this not something you had to do?.......

Now its personal! :cussing:

Oh right. I checked again and yes I needed to use the re-capture script as well to get access. If you can't read it, just keep clicking the refresh arrow until you get one that you can read. Some are a lot easier than others to make out. :wink:

I fail on recaptcha on lots of websites. Its very irritating.

I think congratulations are in order for making it past the "ReCAPTCHA" anti-spam device. I' must have tried well over 20 words in that bot now and still can't get a result. At first I thought I was typing it wrong, then it became a personal challenge. Now I'm just angry. :shakehead:

One tip for the ProChek captcha... don't press enter. You have to click the button. The focus for the page is not on the button. So if you enter the correct information and press ENTER it will fail. You have to click the submit button.

OK, thank you for the range of opinions and advice. I will just ask the instructor about it. It if he legit then I am sure he will clear up the problem very quickly, or indicate if there is an error.

Given how unreliable everyone is saying that the PADI site is for current membership status, is there a phone number that I can contact PADI directly on to ask them if I don't get any joy from this guy? Will the information they hold be anymore accurate than their online PRO CHEK?

PM sent.

One tip for the ProChek captcha... don't press enter. You have to click the button. The focus for the page is not on the button. So if you enter the correct information and press ENTER it will fail. You have to click the submit button.

scubadiver888 has the correct answer for getting through the PADI ProChek captcha. Enter does not work, you must click the submit button.

Well thats quite the critical piece of information that they decided not to include on the page. They could save a lot of people a lot of frustration if they simply included that little tidbit.

Thanks for sharing the secret scubadiver888!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom