Islamorada in January...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like fun. I would love to commit but my schedule that time of year is more unpredictable then every. When the time gets closer maybe I can make a more valid decision.
back40

JustJoe:
Hey Tom,

When the dates get a little closer I will have a better idea if I will be able to make the trip. I have a project that will either be finished or I will be in the middle of a really really bad thing. So no promises. I will keep an eye on this thread for any updates though.

Take care,
Joe

Thanks Joe,

Good luck with the project. FWIW, the dive boats at Ocean Quest normally have room for an additional diver even on short notice.

Tom i have no idea if you will sell any tractors down in Islamorada, but i guess its worth a try :wink:

As for the diving, will keep this in mind. If anyone wants to roommate for a night down there that would be great, i hate doing a lot of driving unless i have to. This time of year i can see the boats being a little more roomy - people paying off xmas excesses as well as the unpredictable weather/seas. Will keep an eye on the thread and see if its something that will fit in.

simbrooks:
Tom i have no idea if you will sell any tractors down in Islamorada, but i guess its worth a try :wink:

As for the diving, will keep this in mind. If anyone wants to roommate for a night down there that would be great, i hate doing a lot of driving unless i have to. This time of year i can see the boats being a little more roomy - people paying off xmas excesses as well as the unpredictable weather/seas. Will keep an eye on the thread and see if its something that will fit in.

Hi Simon,

I'm NOT looking to sell tractors in Islamorada (you knew that!) I am looking forward to diving at Islamorada with Ocean Quest and maybe meeting a couple of you Florida Divers. We're actually looking for commercial real estate early in the week up around PSL and then 'unwinding' in Islamorada.

Hope to see you!

Want to 'bump' this back to near the top of the list. As it turns out, seeing that I was planning to dive in Islamorada on the 15th and 16th of January, my daughter saw fit to pay for one of the days dive as a Christmas present. What a nice thing to do! Apparently she got a hold of Pat at Ocean Quest and worked out some kind of deal with her to pay for one mornings diving and gave me a card saying so.

Can't wait to get to Florida where it's a 'little' warmer. Was nice here in Saginaw today, with a high near 40, but it was about -8 less than a week ago and that's just darn cold.

Happy New Year all, hope to see some of you on the 15/16th of January at Ocean Quest for some diving (weather gods permitting....)

Well Tom, I hope you can handle the cold weather that we are having. It was actually in the sixties today. Although the highs were in the mid 70's but definitely wintertime in Fort Myers.

What morning are you diving?

Joe

I usually stay at a place called the Tropic Vista, next door, I think. There's three places in a row there (if it's the place I'm thinking it is). They're all fun to dive with, and frequently combine boats to save costs, so I've dove with them all. The duane is by far my most favorite dive down there, and I like to follow it with Davis reef. Makes for a perfect weekend :).

Now I've got to go back again.

frankenmuth_tom:
Hi guys!

It's getting closer to my winter (working) holiday in Florida and was wondering if any of you would be interested in making a couple dives with me?

We'll be down the week of 10 January, looking for a place to open my new tractor store along the east coast, Ft. Pierce and south, but will end up in Islamorada that next weekend (15th-16th) to dive with the Pat and the kids at Ocean Quest. Would like to invite some of you southern divers to join me. If we have some good weather, I'd like to get back on the "Eagle" for a dive or two or one of the other local wrecks.

Look forward to hearing from you folks!
We were in IM in early December. I dove with Ocean Quest and did my OW dives with Bill. One day i got sick (rough seas) but the first 2 dives were great. Anyway. It was 85 and beautiful. Pat and her group are a good bunch.

JustJoe:
Well Tom, I hope you can handle the cold weather that we are having. It was actually in the sixties today. Although the highs were in the mid 70's but definitely wintertime in Fort Myers.

What morning are you diving?

Joe

Joe,

We are planning to dive both Saturday and Sunday morning, and I have a reservation in with Pat for those days. If the weather is good, I may sneak in an afternoon dive too! I hate to drive from Central Michigan clear to the Keys and not get in all the dives I can.

Hey Tom, thanks for the good words on Ocean Quest. This is Bill. I have been teaching at Ocean Quest for a few months now. If you know Pat, she thinks it is to cold to dive after the water temp. dips below 80. So I get to teach during the winter.
Will look forward to seeing you in Jan. Let me know if you want to do anything special on the Eagle. Attempt to find the "big" Jewfish, check out the interior or whatever and I'll see what I can do to help. I have made numeous dives on all the Keys wrecks. The Eagle continues to be my favorite.
Hopefully conditions will be better than they have the past few days. Winds are kicking at 25k and above. Thus making for 5 ft waves and poor vis. Water temp is hanging between 72-75. Actually did a 30 min dive in just a bathing suit last week. The rest of the divers thought me a little odd.

Can I drive a tractor??

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom