Islamorada in January...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi tom...

will you be in islamorada before the 15th? i will be there next week and would love to dive the eagle (how deep is it?)...

only thing is that i'm leaving on the 15th but could dive up to the 14th...

marcus

standrod:
hi tom...

will you be in islamorada before the 15th? i will be there next week and would love to dive the eagle (how deep is it?)...

only thing is that i'm leaving on the 15th but could dive up to the 14th...

marcus

Hey Marcus.

I'll probably be at Islamorada on the 14th, if things go well farther north with business things. I might be able to slip in a dive on the 14th if I get there early enough???? Will know better, later in the week.

Eagle is about 75' to the top of the hull (she lays on her side) and 110' to the bottom. If the current isn't too bad, it's a nice dive, lots to see and penetrations are possible as the wreck is broken in half.

I'll check the board the middle of next week, and let you all know how we are doing.

Dove today. Seas calmed to two ft or less on the reef. Vis up to 60 ft.
Don't know the forecast for Jan 14-15.
Am diving a class Thursday (today). Thursday is forecasted to be good.
Pat has an Eagle trip this Sunday.
Plow the snow from the drive and come on down.

Sorry Tom and others but I won't be able to make it this time. Have a great time and get warm.

Joe

Hey Tom,
We dove the Eagle yesterday. Seas were at 4 ft. A couple of 6 ft rolls. Not really a problem if you pay attention to your exit.
A very slight current. Tag line to the bow was out but I did not use it.
Visibility had to be 90 ft.
Nine divers on board. Nobody had any problems.
See you soon.

[QUOTE=. She also steered me to a small motel on the Gulf Side at mm 92.5. I called them and made reservations on the last two available rooms for the weekend (turns out, they only have 10 rooms!)

Hey Tom,Have a safe Trip! Looks Like you will Be at the OceanView! Gary Dunns Place,It a Great MOTEL< Nice,neat new & and clean,We stay there or TropicVista,wife likes the Oceanview-kids too,great pool,and Bar,allso get some bugs at the seafood market and you can cook em up behind your room on the grill! The place hops at night!! Just got back,had a blast!
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom