Island Ventures in Key Largo Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems that when you find a heated debate … there are a few members who love to make their opinion know to the world.
Hopefully we will see this new member stay on the board and understand everyone has an opinion and the right to post it.
Safe diving my friends,
KP

We had dove in the past with Island ventures. As far as this operation goes, while advertised as no stress diving, these guys were stressed due to issues they were having with one of their boats. On several occassions, they brought their dog on board, which got dog hair all over the equipment, would lick on peoples regs, which turned me off quite a bit. On some trips with them, they went out with only a capt and no other crew. How does ones operation assist a troubled diver or administer O2 let alone safely tie in to mooring balls, when there is only a capt on board? While we are capable and confident in our diving abilities, having the support on board is more comforting.

The dives we made were beautiful. Average temps varied between 74-78 in april. We both dove in 3/2 one piece suits and were quite comfortable. Some dives were canceled due to winds and small craft advisories. But we managed to do 12 of our 16 days of diving. On the last dive we dove with Island ventures, the dog went out with us again. At the end of the dive, oranges were cut up and placed on a board on the raised enginge covered. We chose not to eat the oranges as we saw the dog jumping over the cut oranges. We have nothing against pets, as we have several our selves. I don't take them to work nor should these dive operators. When the dog is on board, on a long leash that wraps around legs, jump on divers in wetsuits, dive gear with sharp claws, the stressfree diving goes overboard. Unless you get a seat at the stern of boat.

One last thing that bothered us a little with Island Ventures, tank fills were short. and the also tend to change the dive sites without telling you until already underway. For example, picking up three snorkelers at the last moment and staying in extremely shallow reefs after being told we were going to some shallow wrecks (City of Washington)

I thought it sounded familiar!!!!

I wanted to chime in here. I dive almost exclusively with Island Ventures when I dive in the Keys. They are the most flexible and accommodating dive operator that I have ever used in the Keys. I will continue to give them my business and look forward to diving with there operation everytime I go down. They always make things right if there is a problem and they always have a smile to offer. I trust their judgement on conditions and I know that they shoot straight with me. Safety comes first no matter who you are or what your reputation is. Your dive team is only as strong as your weakest link. I believe the Capt made the right decision to take them to a shallower site. Also, to offer a three tank dive to accomodate the Instructors poor judgement and lack of vigilence while diving with his open water divers the next day goes above and beyond and demonstrates their willingness to make it right. Keep up the good work Island Ventures

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom