It's announcement time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjunheart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have received so many wonderful & touching e-mails asking why am I not diving. If you have read any of my posts, you know me to share from my heart and generally do not hold back...

so I guess it is time to come clean…I found out a few weeks ago that I am pregnant. :wacko: I am a little over 9 weeks and doing well. I didn’t announce it immediately because I wanted to give us time to come to grips with the news & tell our families.

For those of you who don’t know much about me, I had been told for the last 10+ years that the chances of ever getting pregnant much less carrying full term were slim & none. So to find out that I am in fact pregnant (and have gone this far into the pregnancy) is a gift and blessing. This is the most incredible and scary – not to mention emotional – time of my life. At first, I was a bit scared to tell people because of my situation. But as each day passes I am reminded of how blessed I am and that I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. I may not have the picture perfect situation, but everyday I thank God for what I do have. The father of my child is someone who I love, respect and who is my best friend! Both my family and his are not only supportive but almost estatic about the news. My friends and co-workers have been incredible so who could ask for more?

We go for the first ultrasound on Thursday and have been told we should be able to at least see our baby’s heartbeat! To say that I am excited is an understatement! :D

So again, I thank all of you who have been concerned about my “disappearance” and my sabbatical from diving. My due date is currently December 18th and since I will be having a C-section, I figure it will be at least March 2004 before I can start blowing bubbles again. I do plan on getting some snorkeling in, and at least I can live vicariously through all of the experiences posted on the Board to help keep my craving for diving somewhat manageable!

Thank you again for all of your wonderful e-mails!

Sandy

:banana:

We will keep a prayer for you.

Best wishes on an easy pregnancy and delivery.

TwoBit

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Way to go!

O-ring, why the banana? :eek:ut:
At least he looks like a cheering banana...

Good news. Thanks for sharing your joy. :)

Trust me, those 9 months will go by oh so fast, and you'll be back to diving in no time!!! Plus, in 13 years or so, you'll have a new dive buddy!!!

Mark

I hope you will at least come visit us at Wreckmania.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom