It's official, I think UK lights suck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottri:
I'm sure if you asked enough people you could find someone that hates just about any brand so my opinion should be taken with a large bag of salt:)
Gawd, salt... I hate that... :eyebrow:

Ok, here's the promised update..

My emails to the warranty repair folks went unanswered, so I dropped a line to the president and VP of the company. Apparently that got their attention, because I had an email back in my box in 20 minutes.

Wed. of last week they promised to send me a few bulbs to see if that was the problem, though on a new light that should not have been (still haven't got any yet though, must be sending them via carrier pidgeon).

This morning, though I dreaded it, I drove all the way back to the LDS and exchanged the light. It seems that EVERY light from that lot that was on their shelves had the same issue.

Grabbed one that was a different lot, so far, so good.

UK is a big company. In my opinion, a customer calls or writes with my issue, they should send out a new light via the most expedient method possible, with or without RMA for the broken light. (Especially if it is a known issue with a lot -- I find it hard to believe all lights from this lot were a problem, but ONLY at this one store...)

So much for UK products, since my cash isn't worth much to them, I'll find another brand to take my hard earned cash.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom