Iwakuni diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iflylow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'm going to be at Iwakuni for a few weeks next month and wondered about the diving there. Any suggestions or ideas?

Mutsu and a drysuit :wink:

Taliesin58 and Iwakunidiver live there and will probably jump in Eric.

Thomas

Hey, I live on an island about 20 min. from Iwakuni.
There are some interesting rock formations on the south side of the island and some nice soft coral on the north side. Send me a PM for details.

Hey guys,
Sorry I've been away for so long! This is my first visit back to the Scubaboards in over 4 months!

Yes! there is lots of diving to be had around here in Iwakuni. Most of which is around Oshima Island this time of year since its still too rough over on the Sea of Japan side.

In fact, we're going diving this Thursday and will be getting back into the, "dive every week" mentality very soon. Also, we're going back to Mutsu on May 23rd.

Thomas, loved the video from your last Mutsu dive. Glad to hear your experience was much better this time around! Now if we could just get mixed gas around here!

Scott

IwakuniDiver:
Hey guys,
Sorry I've been away for so long! This is my first visit back to the Scubaboards in over 4 months!

Yes! there is lots of diving to be had around here in Iwakuni. Most of which is around Oshima Island this time of year since its still too rough over on the Sea of Japan side.

In fact, we're going diving this Thursday and will be getting back into the, "dive every week" mentality very soon. Also, we're going back to Mutsu on May 23rd.

Thomas, loved the video from your last Mutsu dive. Glad to hear your experience was much better this time around! Now if we could just get mixed gas around here!

Scott

Scott, could you send me some info about your dive group? I am in desperate need of dive buddies around here.

Thanks Scott... I am not that happy with it myself. The small girl with four tanks is my wife :D

Next time we are coming down I can show you how to use the doubles (after we use up the trimix!). Any info on other wrecks there? We know about a few. Most should be diveable as it isn't that deep there.

Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom