jackass..the movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin once bubbled...

My thoughts exactly. Some idiot on RSD was saying how cool it was as well when he did then when diving somewhere out east.

Darryl
see thats another problem, dorks see this film and think its ok to do the same when they go diving or playing on the shore. yes the cuc may recover but as i said some species literally eject their entire digestive and respiratory system as a defensive measure which does stress out the animal.

Yeah, it may not have been the best idea to show it in the movie. Then again, they probably shouldn't have shown anything in that movie that the morons of the world could try doing on their own. Because face it, someone will try doing it all. It's NOT the fault of the movie or the jackass crew for showing - it's the fault of the village idiot that replicates the behavior.

Don't blame the movie for giving someone the idea - you can't selectively repress peoples opinions or forms of expression. Blame the person that is too dumb to know the difference between right and wrong.

Omicron once bubbled...
Yeah, it may not have been the best idea to show it in the movie. Then again, they probably shouldn't have shown anything in that movie that the morons of the world could try doing on their own. Because face it, someone will try doing it all. It's NOT the fault of the movie or the jackass crew for showing - it's the fault of the village idiot that replicates the behavior.

Don't blame the movie for giving someone the idea - you can't selectively repress peoples opinions or forms of expression. Blame the person that is too dumb to know the difference between right and wrong.
there was no disclaimer or warning about the stress the animals recieved. besides animals should NEVER be abused for the sake of entertainment.

If they didn't have such a cool (and obviously funny) defense mechanism, nobody would have filmed it.

Jut once bubbled...

there was no disclaimer or warning about the stress the animals recieved. besides animals should NEVER be abused for the sake of entertainment.

So what? Think for yourself!!

Oh no! Big brother didn't tell me not to stick my hand in an oven, and I hurt myself! It wasn't MY fault I did something stupid!!

Really....I mean...it's ridiculous. It's a MOVIE! It's FUNNY, for entertainment purposes...ie, not to be taken seriously.

Omicron once bubbled...

So what? Think for yourself!!

Oh no! Big brother didn't tell me not to stick my hand in an oven, and I hurt myself! It wasn't MY fault I did something stupid!!

Really....I mean...it's ridiculous. It's a MOVIE! It's FUNNY, for entertainment purposes...ie, not to be taken seriously.
would you still find it funny if they shook a cat and caused it to throw up?? or played bowling with an armidillo?
What about the people who saw the movie and thought they would give the jizzing cuke a go? the person wont get hurt unless he eats the "jizz" but the cuke sure wont be happy and mr **** still wont know the damage he has done to the animal.

Jut once bubbled...

would you still find it funny if they shook a cat and caused it to throw up?? or played bowling with an armidillo?
What about the people who saw the movie and thought they would give the jizzing cuke a go? the person wont get hurt unless he eats the "jizz" but the cuke sure wont be happy and mr **** still wont know the damage he has done to the animal.
Ok, seriously...you gotta come clean...are you a writer for the show? This stuff about armadillo bowling is classic...

Don't get me started on cats :)

Seriously though - people really, really need to learn to think for themselves a little. We can't get in an uproar about something being in a movie just because we think someone will imitate the behavior. The way to control the behavior is not to stop giving people the idea to it - that follows somewhat the same logic as prohibition and you can see how well that works. All I'm saying is...don't yell @ the movie for giving people the idea!

Omicron once bubbled...
Don't get me started on cats

Exactly. Lay off the felines. Tying two cats together by their tails and slinging them over a clothesline is just cruel. Even talking about it might give someone improper thoughts. And then we'd have to witness the depressing spectacle of the Mind Police executing a search warrant at some poor shlub's beat-up trailer, all to prevent incorrect thinking by the insufficiently regimented populace.

Boy I miss those baby harp seal hunts. It's just not the same since they went to the aluminum bats.

So is it true that cats land on their feet from any height?

Hrrmmm......

:)

Serioiusly though, that armadillo bowling reminds me of something. If you live in a state/country that turns frozen for a few months out of the year, you need to do Butterball Bowling. Get some pins, find an ice rink and a frozen turkey. They even have convenient handles!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom